What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Teach

Juniors
storm have stated they can not afford finch next year.his manager also has said finch will not be at the storm next year

matt bell panthers to parra
maurice blair panthers to parra or tigers
delany titans to panthers

Please let that one be true!!! He looked like he didnt just swallow a sheep the other night, he looked like he swallowed the whole herd :lol::lol:

eagles4eva

First Grade
I read today at league.com that Robo and wolfman have singed with Manly and it will be announced thursday

Grant Mayer has told today's edition of Rugby League Week magazine that he has just about had enough of the strife-torn club. The magazine also reveals that Michael Robertson and David Williams have recently re-signed but captain Matt Orford has been asked to take a pay cut.

Mayer tells RLW: "I am close to making a decision on whether to see the year out or give myself a break.

"It's been made increasingly clear to me that I don't have much of a future here and it may be best for all concerned if I was to depart before the end of the season.

"I would say there would be a decision within 10 days.''

The confirmation that wingers Robertson and Williams are staying was due to be made public later this week but we report that the deals were done some time ago.

Captain Orford, however, is back on the shopping lists of Super League clubs with the premiers telling him he would have to take a pay-cut to stay.

"There is no doubt the previous contract Matty had at the club were very lucrative,'' Mayer admits. "Unfortunately we wouldn't be in a position to offer the same terms.''
source - http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33545

ParraFan09

Juniors
The controversial career of Mason is poised to fade away in the Land of the Rising Sun with Brad Fittler last week giving the 115kg behemoth permission to negotiate with Japanese rugby clubs.
In a frank discussion at Mason's Eastern Suburbs home, Fittler told the premiership-winning forward he would not stop him from quitting the final year of his contract after learning Japanese rugby clubs are willing to pay him up to $700,000 a year.
"He told Freddy he could earn double what he is currently on in Japan," a Roosters insider said.
"And Freddy said he understood that he needs to make the most of his earning capacity and he said he wouldn't stop him. He told him could leave if he wanted to."

Roosters CEO Steve Noyce last night confirmed the meeting between Mason and Fittler took place last Wednesday night, but said he did not know what transpired inside Mason's multi-million-dollar beachside home.
"I know that Freddy had a meeting with Willie last week," Noyce said.
"I don't really know what happened because Freddy was telling me more about short-term stuff because Willie didn't play last weekend.
"I would be lying if I understood what was happening with the other stuff. The player signed before I got here and it was a three-year deal.
"A contract is a contract and I can't say he won't see it out."

him with a genuine offer from a Japanese rugby club.
It is believed that Keenan, the mastermind behind former Cronulla player Fraser Anderson's $400,000 deal with Kobe, is in talks with a number of clubs in Japan that have shown strong interest in Mason.
Both Roosters officials and players last night denied Mason was on the outer with the club after rumours that he had fallen foul of Bondi supremo Nick Politis.
Mason last night refused to speculate about his future.
"I don't know about any of that," he told The Daily Telegraph.
"I am just looking forward to ripping in the rest of the year with the Roosters."
Mason dramatically walked out on the Bulldogs 18 months ago to sign with the Roosters after a feud with then Canterbury CEO Malcom Noad.
The former NSW enforcer has recently shown glimpses of the type of form that once had him rated the most destructive forward in the game.
His reign with the Roosters has been hampered by a horror knee injury he suffered late last year.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25642853-5016552,00.html

Last edited:

Disco

Bench
Christ that is a serios backward step if we sign Mona's. I'd prefer to go with Foran, Hodgekinson or Cherry-Evans if Orford leaves rather than have have Monas running the show

Smiley

Bench
He's off-contract if he wants at the end of the season.

He has a option for another year in his favor.

Same with Nick Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.