What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Sam Burgess > Bulldogs+ half the NRL.

Whatever club gets Sam Burgess will be a very very strong club that year.. What a great signing he will be.

Bench
Now he gives training a misstle cos he's been out on the pisstle.

Anyway, back to rumoured signings before I get banned.

Daine Laurie -> Souths
Matt Utai -> Penrith or Broncos
Laurie is contracted until the end of 2010,and the WestsTigers have an option for 2011,Sheens has put a lot of work into him,and said he ain't going anywhere.
Daine's manager come out and said the rumours were just that,and he is happy at the WestsTigers.

One Warrior

Bench
Warriors to make huge offer for a Johnathon Thurston according to Danny Wiedler on Footy Show, Warriors spoke to Thurston's manager last weekend.:pray:

paulp

Juniors
Laurie is contracted until the end of 2010,and the WestsTigers have an option for 2011,Sheens has put a lot of work into him,and said he ain't going anywhere.
Daine's manager come out and said the rumours were just that,and he is happy at the WestsTigers.

and Ivan Henjak has the full support of the board

Twigg

Juniors
Warriors to make huge offer for a Johnathon Thurston according to Danny Wiedler on Footy Show, Warriors spoke to Thurston's manager last weekend.:pray:

And two weeks ago on the Footy Show Weidler said Thurston was going to Japan.

Sounds like the hack journo can't make his mind up.

One Warrior

Bench
Monty Betham - Warriors

Betham puts his hand up for Warriors

Aaron Lawton | August 9, 2009

Warriors legend Monty Betham is on the verge of an amazing return to the club next year after last night declaring he'd seriously consider coming out of retirement.

Betham retired in 2006 to launch a boxing career. He no longer boxes professionally but is only 31 and admits he's in ''better shape'' than when he played league.

St George Illawarra winger Wendell Sailor, four years older than Betham, has endorsed the comeback and urged Warriors bosses to sign the former enforcer in a bid to ''toughen'' up the club's pack.

Betham - once voted the most fearsome player in the NRL - said his motivation was his ''heartbreak'' over the Warriors' performances this year, and he believes he could help stop the rot in 2010.

''It breaks my heart to see how they're going this year,'' Betham said. ''Like Stacey Jones did, if the club I love needed help and I believed I could offer them something, I'd definitely put up my hand.''

Critics say the Warriors' gamble to sign Jones, 32, last year hasn't worked and Betham believes that may stop the Warriors from considering his comeback.

But Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah refused to rule it out.

''After what happened with Stacey Jones, you couldn't ever say the door is closed,'' said Scurrah. ''I saw Monty here at the Warriors last week and he certainly looks fit.''

Sailor says he'd love to see Betham back in the NRL.

''When you are in the trenches he's exactly the sort of guy you want beside you,'' he said. ''The Warriors should seriously be looking into this.''

Meanwhile, Australian and New Zealand league officials are expected to meet this week with Eden Park bosses to discuss the possibility of staging a Test between the Kangaroos and Kiwis at the ground next year.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...up-for-warriors/2009/08/08/1249350726608.html

beads6

First Grade
Another step back for the Warriors if they sign Betham up. Surely thye must show faith inthe players they have instead of signing up players out of retirement. Warriors need to piss of Cleary IMO and whoever is doing there recruiting.

One Warrior

Bench
To be honest sounds like this is all coming from Betham himself rather than the Warriors, he also talks in another story about wanting to be forwards coach, I'd prefer this to him coming back as a player.

GongPanther

Referee
Killifi to the Dogs and a little bird has whispered Tuqiri to the Panthers.

I'm not convinced about it either especially when the Panthers have $1 mill less for spending next year because of the renovations to the club.

Wait N' See I guess...

lsta5838

Juniors
If it was any other club, you would assume there is a big signing coming, if they are letting players like Daniela and JTK go. But since it is Penrith, I won't be suprised if we get nothing except Simmons. Though, there must be enough cap room for a big name signing. Tuqiri fits that mould.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
In the newspaper, it said the Warriors are on the look out for a Tough Forward...any takers. Even if they keep Evarn.

Steve Price, S Rapira, R Packer, Evarn T, Jesse Royal.....thats about it. Ah Mau is off the Cowboys. Laban isnt playing NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.