What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Different way of seeing it i guess. I class a junior as someone who has played for one of the districts junior clubs.

Different way of seeing it i guess. I class a junior as someone who has played for one of the districts junior clubs.

So do I really, but that is a bit old school nowadays.

Juniors are assigned on the basis of the team they play their first SG Ball or Harold Matts or even Toyota Cup game atm. You could play all your childhood league in NZ and then come over and play Harold Matts for the Dogs and you would be classed as a Dogs Junior. Its a stupid system atm but thats a whole other conversation I guess.

otori

Juniors
So do I really, but that is a bit old school nowadays.

Juniors are assigned on the basis of the team they play their first SG Ball or Harold Matts or even Toyota Cup game atm. You could play all your childhood league in NZ and then come over and play Harold Matts for the Dogs and you would be classed as a Dogs Junior. Its a stupid system atm but thats a whole other conversation I guess.

It's not so silly if you think that professionalism in sport really means loyalty of juniors and homebred teams become the exception rather than the rule. The arguing over certain clubs poaching players really is starting to wear thin as the game becomes more professional and loyalty dries up (For an extreme example, see Baseketball)

ando4285

Juniors
LOL! We can't go claiming juniors, even if those juniors are our juniors? You are a tool.. May I point out the likes of El Masri, Idris, Kite, Barba, Utai, Nanai, Warburton, Morrin, Hickey etc etc of whom are all our juniors that we have developed from SG ball or previous. So how on earth can you say we can no longer claim junior?

And might I point out that the reason we had to go out and be active on the playing market is because $2 million worth of talent, a lot of it junior talent, was taken from us from 2006 onwards with no real replacements signed until 2008 for the 2009 season.. The likes of Mason, $BW, Maitua (sacked but still gone obviously), Hughes, O'Meley, Anasta, Tonga, Sherwin and so on.

warburton went there for 20's so he's not a junior and u's have that many kiwis all the other nrl teams would b boned if the warriors new how to keep there good young players

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Yep now Holdsworth, Hickey, Millard and co are out the door and some new flavours of the month comin in. Transit lounge
Holdsworth isn't a junior, he was brought from the Dragons in 2006 when he was like 22 as he was struggling for a FG spot and Anasta had left us. Shows how much you really know. Hickey is signed with us for another year or so and will be staying. Again, shows how much you know. And Millard is going because we have the likes of Morris and Idris (another bred bulldog) ahead of him.

But the other bloke was right, this isn't the place for it so I won't go on with it.

But I would just like to say to the guys that said Warburton was brought in from the 20's - What a load of crap. He is a Bulldog junior and has played with us from Flegg level.

And Asotasi was not brought over from 20 years old. bahaha @ that. He signed with Canterbury when he was 15 and was playing HM + SG ball with us the next year.

On the rumoured signings bit, Daryl Millard > Bradford Bulls as said in the RLW magazine.

Penance

Juniors
John Kite is contracted until 2010. He is a 'Dogs junior since he was like 5 he has played in the Canterbury area. He hasn't had a great year as he has been injured but I doubt he would be released early and I'd hate to see him leave. He was in last years NYC team of the year and is a huge talent.
Maybe, just maybe, he wants a spot in firsts and a pay rise? Which, souths can afford atm

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Esi is another 'Dogs junior. As is John Kite.

Jks I'm not starting it up again :p Don't want to be banned.

He might want that, Penance, but he knows he has to work hard to gain a spot. Moore and the team have pumped the right values into his head (I hope) and he'll stay. If he does go for a spot and more money then good riddance.

Utai has been linked to the Eels as well.

betcats

Referee
I doubt Matt Utai to penrith is will happen. We can't even afford to keep our Juniors plus we dont need him.

I doubt Matt Utai to penrith is will happen. We can't even afford to keep our Juniors plus we dont need him.

He visits Granville Park every now and then. One of his mates runs the Oztag comp there. Was talking to him the other night and he said that his manager has been chatting to those two sides, plus Parra but that had already been mentioned. Think he wants to stay in Sydney though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts