What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10972

I know that the off-contract players for Roosters are:

Smith Samau
Anthony Minichiello
Rohan Ahern
Sonny Tuigamala
Tu'u Maori
Matthew Hall
Riley Brown

Anyone else who knows definitely what players are off-contract at their club, please feel free to mention who.

skeepe

Immortal
Raiders off contract at the end of 2009:

Brad Cross
Phil Graham
Scott Logan
Nigel Plum

Raiders off contract at the end of 2010:

Glen Buttriss
Justin Carney
Jarrod Croker
Shaun Fensom
Marc Herbert
Sam Huihahau (?)
Brett Kelly
Jarrod Kennedy
Cy Lasscock
Josh McCrone
Mark Nicholls
Mick Picker
Troy Thompson
Trevor Thurling
Dane Tilse
Alan Tongue
Glen Turner
Daniel Vidot

ouwet

Bench
THE Bulldogs have today added another international to their impressive 2010 playing roster by securing the services of premiership-winning Kiwi international Dene Halatau on a three-year deal.

Halatau, 26, has appeared in 126 NRL first grade matches including the 2005 premiership for Wests Tigers and has represented New Zealand on 14 occasions.
Bulldogs Coach Kevin Moore today confirmed Halatau as another key signing for the Bulldogs.
“We are very excited about the prospect of Dene joining our ranks, he adds tremendous quality to our on field roster and contributes strong leadership qualities both on and off the field.”

ouwet

Bench
Link please.

That expandable salary cap keeps on expanding...

It's in the Daily Telegraph, not bothered getting it.

You know Eastwood is going to Leeds? and we had money under the cap.

IF there is a club who cannot get away with anything these days relating to Salary Cap (And rightfully so after 2002) it's the Bulldogs. It's good management, we don't pay overs.

skeepe

Immortal
It's in the Daily Telegraph, not bothered getting it.

You know Eastwood is going to Leeds? and we had money under the cap.

You know Eastwood was signed on a cut-price deal after his original UK deal fell through? Him leaving means absolutely nothing when you've managed to sign Halatau, Paea, Tia Kilifi as well as upgrade Goodwin and so on.

Achillies

Juniors
You know Eastwood was signed on a cut-price deal after his original UK deal fell through? Him leaving means absolutely nothing when you've managed to sign Halatau, Paea, Tia Kilifi as well as upgrade Goodwin and so on.

Add Steve Turner and Blake Green to that list.

ouwet

Bench

All of them wouldn't be what SBW and Reni Maitua were on...

Just because the Raiders cannot attract players doesn't mean we shouldn't be able too... As i said the NRL and Ian would constantly be on the Bulldogs back in regards to salary cap and our dealing (Rightfully so) so to imply or suggest something dodgy is happening isn't correct!

Tia Kilifi has played 10 minutes of first grade? Halatau was on the out with the Tiger's, Paea ditto with St George...

ouwet

Bench
I think you spent that when you signed Kimmorley,Morris,Hannant,Ennis and Stagg you merkin.

No you goose... Maitua was sacked during the off season you GOOSE! All of them also with the exception of Stagg signed before SBW left...

We've lost SBW, Sherwin, Mason, O'Meley, Maitua, Corey Hughes, Willie Tonga all since 2008 (Plus a lot more) and they would've been on more then everyone we've bought since!

SBW, Mason & Sherwin (Remember he was signed on a contract that got bigger over 5 years) alone were on 1.2 million per year between them. Stop talking from your ass unless you know exactly how much these players signed for! As i said the NRL wouldn't let the Bulldogs get away with anything...

Achillies

Juniors
No you goose... Maitua was sacked during the off season you GOOSE! All of them also with the exception of Stagg signed before SBW left...

We've lost SBW, Sherwin, Mason, O'Meley, Maitua, Corey Hughes, Willie Tonga all since 2008 (Plus a lot more) and they would've been on more then everyone we've bought since!

SBW, Mason & Sherwin (Remember he was signed on a contract that got bigger over 5 years) alone were on 1.2 million per year between them. Stop talking from your ass unless you know exactly how much these players signed for! As i said the NRL wouldn't let the Bulldogs get away with anything...

Mason, O'Meley and Sherwin played elsewhere in 08 how does that have any bearing on who you signed for 09.

ouwet

Bench
Mason, O'Meley and Sherwin played elsewhere in 08 how does that have any bearing on who you signed for 09.

Because you goose they didn't sign anyone in 2008 to replace them (We were no where near cap in 2008 and that teams value showed by on field performance) HENCE the money was free in 2009 + SBW leaving + Reni = enough for Stagg, Kimmorley, Ennis, Eastwood, Morris and lots left over!!!!!!

People seem to have selective memories...

Achillies

Juniors
Because you goose they didn't sign anyone in 2008 to replace them HENCE the money was free in 2009 + SBW leaving + Reni = enough for Stagg, Kimmorley, Ennis, Eastwood, Morris and lots left over!!!!!!

People seem to have selective memories...

How does that work? If my side spent only 3.5 million this year does that mean that we have an additional million to spend next year? Doesnt sound right.

ouwet

Bench
How does that work? If my side spent only 3.5 million this year does that mean that we have an additional million to spend next year? Doesnt sound right.

Of course it does... If the squad is worth in $3.5 million in 2008 and came last, i don't think anyone would get upgrades (Which they didn't) hence it's still on $3.5 million in 2009 + They lost SBW And Reni = more money for 2009 (3.5 Million is just an example). That's how we could afford all those players (Kimmorley, Ennis etc) this year AND we still were under the cap...

Achillies

Juniors
Of course it does... If the squad is worth in $3.5 million in 2008 and came last, i don't think anyone would get upgrades (Which they didn't) hence it's still on $3.5 million in 2009 + They lost SBW And Reni = more money for 2009 (3.5 Million is just an example). That's how we could afford all those players (Kimmorley, Ennis etc) this year AND we still were under the cap...

Ok then you came last in 08 and signed Kimmorley,Hannant,Ennis,Stagg, Goodwin, Morris and Gordon.

Your coming 2nd in 09(so upgrades would happen),have only lost El Masri and Eastwood and have signed Halatau,S Turner,Paea,T Kilifi,B Green

Its not adding up.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Doesn't sound right because it's not right. You can't take 500k and add it on to next years cap just because you didn't spend it. HOWEVER, if players agree, you can front load contracts which means that you're just paying players in advance one year and in return they recieve less the following years, which could in theory free up extra money under the cap for following years.

Whether the Bulldogs have done this or not I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.