What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Jeff Lima signed with the Tigers does any one know where he is going next year? I can't find on the Tigers website anything about Lima??:crazy:

we dont know yet,rumor has it hes likely going to the tigers if dallas johnson doesnt leave
if johnson leaves than lima will stay i think

legend

Coach
no both elias and humphreys said we are still under the cap and have room for 2 more signings ,rhino wont leave the tigers and i doubt he was that close with signing with you guys since he took a massive pay cut just to stay with us

Do you see the irony of your post? Heighington can get more money at the Raiders, stayed at the Tigers and took a pay cut in the process but yet the Tigers still have room for two more signings? If I was Heighington, I'd be a little peeved.

How strong is his friendship with Harrison? Bronson has the best year of his career in 2009 stats wise and there may be a lot of influence at play here, plus a lot of upside for Chris, including a larger salary.

Skeepe, is the news about Fitzhenry true? LMAO if it is as I had the Tigers in the top four based on what they have done so far this off-season.

Minotaur

Juniors
From what I heard, Rhino took a paycut to stay with the tigers. Though it wasn't the Raiders that was 2nd in line, it was in fact the Dragons thru Bennett that was close to getting him. He ended up deciding to stay with the Tigers as loyalty to the faith they have shown him early in his career.

aussies1st

Staff member
I think TLL, Joel Thompson, Bronson Harrison and Josh Miller are better than Chris Heighington anyway. He would be better than Troy Thompson and Joe Picker though.

If the Tigers need more room then it makes sense. Gareth Ellis bursting onto the scene so quickly helps the Tigers make this move if it happens.

I would take Heighington over Miller, hes better built for the forwards but they aren't really competing for the same spot anyway.

Vicious

Bench
I would take Heighington over Miller, hes better built for the forwards but they aren't really competing for the same spot anyway.

Joe Picker is a back rower with enormous potential. I wish someone could organise a swap Heighinton for Joe Picker.

typicalfan

Coach
Well not the same jersey but the spare jersey so to speak. If you guys persist to play Tongue at hooker at the beginning of games which is likely then that frees the lock position a position Heighington can play and Miller has played. I think Miller suits your style of play better, he can roll up his sleeves and is always among the metres.

D

Deleted member 10972

Joe Picker is a back rower with enormous potential. I wish someone could organise a swap Heighinton for Joe Picker.

Canberra have a great stockpiling of forwards, especially if they get Heigho

Learoyd-Lahrs
Waddell
Shillington
Harrison
Heighington
Tongue

(utility hooker/half, shouldn't be using another forward IMO)
Thompson
Miller
Tilse

That leaves established first grade players like Joe Picker, Scott Logan, Trevor Thurling, and young talents like Nick Skinner, Shaun Fensom, Andrew Edwards, Jarrad Kennedy, Zach Merritt and Todd Rheinberger on the fringes.

fortae

Bench
From what I heard, Rhino took a paycut to stay with the tigers. Though it wasn't the Raiders that was 2nd in line, it was in fact the Dragons thru Bennett that was close to getting him. He ended up deciding to stay with the Tigers as loyalty to the faith they have shown him early in his career.

You gotta love when fans believe that line. Tigers upped their offer to get him to stay pushing his price above market value.

He'd be a massive liability on the cap considering Ellis didn't play his best football until he shifted to the left ...

Staying or going at least he won't burn out in an undersized pack. That looked a very real prospect.

Bench
OLD OLD NEWS-

But orford is app. going to take a $300,000 pay cut! BS if you ask me.

$300,000 brown paper bag more like it.
That is over 3 years,$100k a year,so he would still be on $350k/year,good dough still though.

Bench
Do you see the irony of your post? Heighington can get more money at the Raiders, stayed at the Tigers and took a pay cut in the process but yet the Tigers still have room for two more signings? If I was Heighington, I'd be a little peeved.

How strong is his friendship with Harrison? Bronson has the best year of his career in 2009 stats wise and there may be a lot of influence at play here, plus a lot of upside for Chris, including a larger salary.

Skeepe, is the news about Fitzhenry true? LMAO if it is as I had the Tigers in the top four based on what they have done so far this off-season.
Whilst on the surface that sounds plausable,you have to remember we have cleared out 13 of our top 25,with maybe more to go this year,so there is more to spend,when Heighno was negotiating there wasn't as much cash to go around.

MacDougall

First Grade
Rumours abound that tomorrow the Tigers will announce Lima and Tuqiri and signings.

I doubt it. But I keep hearing it.

souths have come in with a back ended deal for tuquri so it's not 100% yet- this is from someone with something to do with souths too.

Status
Not open for further replies.