What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
that chump campese' new contract comes into play doubling his yearly wages plus the 250k salary cap penalty for going over this season.

The small amount left should be saved for Dugan and other players new deals.

Id imagined the other TC's contract was given to Campo.

anyway its hard to fathom where all our money goes compared to other teams. We should do whatever it takes to sign Dugan for a long time.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
it won happen,raiders fans think they can get anyone :?
I think you'll find most of us are jaded to the point we're surprised at the signing of anyone with 1st grade experience.
Personally I hope it isn't true. While Heighington is a good player we already have quality stock in the 2nd row(even with the probable move of TLL into prop next year).
What we need is a genuine halfback and the club should be focusing on that.

shear_joy9 said:
....plus the 250k salary cap penalty for going over this season.
???. First I've heard of this.

Raider_69

Post Whore
True, we had guys on match payments in FG like Croker, Dugan etc, who ended up playing a load of FG, it comes out of next year's cap

im not bothered
i think both the orford and heinington rumours could have legs

I dont particularly buy the lack of cap space idea tbh. Turner, Plum, Purtell and Graham all were on reasonable sized contracts. Graham and Purtell has 500k between them no doubt. Turner was on a decent whack and i doubt plum was playing for less than 100k. We'll lose 250k for match payments, we'll have to subsidise Purt's deal to the tune of 100ish k a year. Which for mine leaves about 300-400k to spend. I doubt the kids are using ALL of that. We'd have the coin to sign one of them. Not both

1. Orford is unsigned and has not many options. Manly dont seem keen. We need a half, and if you listen to rumours, for the right price Mick Monaghan would be headed our way.

2. Heinington was very close to signing for us last year. But decided last minute to stick with the Tigers.

TBH i see Orford having more legs. Simply because its a position of need for the raiders while 2nd row is a spot well covered.

aussie7798

First Grade
True, we had guys on match payments in FG like Croker, Dugan etc, who ended up playing a load of FG, it comes out of next year's cap

im not bothered
i think both the orford and heinington rumours could have legs

I dont particularly buy the lack of cap space idea tbh. Turner, Plum, Purtell and Graham all were on reasonable sized contracts. Graham and Purtell has 500k between them no doubt. Turner was on a decent whack and i doubt plum was playing for less than 100k. We'll lose 250k for match payments, we'll have to subsidise Purt's deal to the tune of 100ish k a year. Which for mine leaves about 300-400k to spend. I doubt the kids are using ALL of that. We'd have the coin to sign one of them. Not both

1. Orford is unsigned and has not many options. Manly dont seem keen. We need a half, and if you listen to rumours, for the right price Mick Monaghan would be headed our way.

2. Heinington was very close to signing for us last year. But decided last minute to stick with the Tigers.

TBH i see Orford having more legs. Simply because its a position of need for the raiders while 2nd row is a spot well covered.

If thats true you guys paid massive overs

legend

Coach
think the Heighington rumour has more legs and we'll let Troy Thompson walk as a result. Good result for the Raiders if it pans out that way.

For thte Tigers, if they have signed Lote on top of Fulton returning and Jason Cayless signing, I can see why they would release Heighinton to clear some cap space.

Should be interesting to see the way it pansout considering Sheens and Furner are still good mates.

skeepe

Immortal
think the Heighington rumour has more legs and we'll let Troy Thompson walk as a result. Good result for the Raiders if it pans out that way.

For thte Tigers, if they have signed Lote on top of Fulton returning and Jason Cayless signing, I can see why they would release Heighinton to clear some cap space.

Should be interesting to see the way it pansout considering Sheens and Furner are still good mates.

Don't forget Daniel Fitzhenry is also returning to the Tigers... Sheens rates him very, very highly.

no both elias and humphreys said we are still under the cap and have room for 2 more signings ,rhino wont leave the tigers and i doubt he was that close with signing with you guys since he took a massive pay cut just to stay with us

D

Deleted member 10972

I think it would be ideal for both teams. Tigers have Ellis and Fulton who are already high-workrate tacklers, Heighington is a bit excessive. On the other hand, Raiders have some great forwards like TLL, Miller and Harrison, but Tongue is the only real tackling machine.

Tigers: Galloway, Farah, Cayless, Payten (ballplayer), Ellis (workhorse), Fulton (tackling machine)

Raiders: Tilse, Waddell, Shillington, Harrison (ballplayer), Heighington (workhorse), Tongue (tackling machine)

Makes sense IMO. Both teams are looking to balance the offensive and defensive options in their packs. Roosters player recruitment and retention is too stupid to follow suit, any bet we make another play at someone like Greg Bird, Reni Maitua, Sonnybill Williams or Frank Pritchard. :roll:

Magpie Nick

Juniors
no both elias and humphreys said we are still under the cap and have room for 2 more signings ,rhino wont leave the tigers and i doubt he was that close with signing with you guys since he took a massive pay cut just to stay with us

You just make up stuff when you post, don't you.

You've got no idea.

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
I think it would be ideal for both teams. Tigers have Ellis and Fulton who are already high-workrate tacklers, Heighington is a bit excessive. On the other hand, Raiders have some great forwards like TLL, Miller and Harrison, but Tongue is the only real tackling machine.

Tigers: Galloway, Farah, Cayless, Payten (ballplayer), Ellis (workhorse), Fulton (tackling machine)

Raiders: Tilse, Waddell, Shillington, Harrison (ballplayer), Heighington (workhorse), Tongue (tackling machine)

Makes sense IMO. Both teams are looking to balance the offensive and defensive options in their packs. Roosters player recruitment and retention is too stupid to follow suit, any bet we make another play at someone like Greg Bird, Reni Maitua, Sonnybill Williams or Frank Pritchard. :roll:

Agree although we tried to turn Harrison into a tackling machine which seem to limit his impact. Will make it difficult for the youngster to come through like Thurling, Joel Thompson and Femson not to mention the backrowers we have in the u20s.

typicalfan

Coach
I think TLL, Joel Thompson, Bronson Harrison and Josh Miller are better than Chris Heighington anyway. He would be better than Troy Thompson and Joe Picker though.

If the Tigers need more room then it makes sense. Gareth Ellis bursting onto the scene so quickly helps the Tigers make this move if it happens.

Lycon79

Juniors
I thought Jeff Lima signed with the Tigers does any one know where he is going next year? I can't find on the Tigers website anything about Lima??:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts