What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Heighington > Raiders

Apparently in Canberra at the moment taking a look around.

If this does eventuate, the Raiders will have one monster pack.

8. Shillington
9. Waddell/Tongue
10. Tilse
11. TLL
12. Harrison
13. Heighington

14. Tongue/Waddell
15. J Thompson
16. Miller
17. Logan

And then you have our pontential backline if this Orford rumour is true.

1. Dugan
2. Vidot
3. Croker
4. Carney
5. Monaghan
6. Campese
7. Orford

This is being talked about on the GH.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10972

Well Jason Ryles and Todd Carney are yet to be officially confirmed by the Roosters website, so these both remain rumoured signings I guess, as does Brad Takairangi (Souths NYC) and Kane Linnett (Dragons NYC) although I have confirmation on both of these from Peter O'Sullivan himself.

A newer rumour:

Pakisonasi Afu > Roosters

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well Jason Ryles and Todd Carney are yet to be officially confirmed by the Roosters website, so these both remain rumoured signings I guess, as does Brad Takairangi (Souths NYC) and Kane Linnett (Dragons NYC) although I have confirmation on both of these from Peter O'Sullivan himself.

A newer rumour:

Pakisonasi Afu > Roosters

I'm hearing Ryles is definitely a done deal...

Garts

Bench
He is good enough to be a vital cog in the Manly machine... which has included a premiership and dally m medal (not that Dally M's mean anything).

I get a Brett Kimmorley - Sharks vibe from manly fans. I dont think they realise how good their guy is and they probably wont until he's gone and by then they'll be so jaded by his success elsewhere and how wrong they were, they'll be too stubborn to admit they were wrong

Exactly. If we let him go we better have someone else lined up.

Dutchy surely you can not think Monas was a better half. He did not even make it as a half in the Super League.

ostrich20

Juniors
He is good enough to be a vital cog in the Manly machine... which has included a premiership and dally m medal (not that Dally M's mean anything).

I get a Brett Kimmorley - Sharks vibe from manly fans. I dont think they realise how good their guy is and they probably wont until he's gone and by then they'll be so jaded by his success elsewhere and how wrong they were, they'll be too stubborn to admit they were wrong

I get a blind optimism vibe from raiders fans. Take him please!!!

ostrich20

Juniors
lol...is that how you guys treat a gf winning captain..fmd! :lol:

Your right, it does seem quite harsh, but to be honest Orford is just too inconsistent for mine. We have plenty of halves talent developing, and I would like to see them get a shot, before they leave for other clubs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Your right, it does seem quite harsh, but to be honest Orford is just too inconsistent for mine. We have plenty of halves talent developing, and I would like to see them get a shot, before they leave for other clubs.

ok, hasn't Le'Strange moved on? I reckon Orford would make a decent 14 with Foran or Hodko at 7.

ostrich20

Juniors
I haven't heard anything in relation to them. I would presume they would have been signed up then, as they would have been snapped up by Super League or shopped around at other NRL clubs due to their calibre.

As far as i know then I think that Matt Orford, Shane Neumann and Vic Mauro are our only unsigned players for 2010.

Macko8

Juniors
Heighington was initially going to sign for canberra this year,but look for him to seek a get out clause.
He will be joining his former team mate bronson harrison at the raiders in 2010.

shear_joy9

Coach
Heighington was initially going to sign for canberra this year,but look for him to seek a get out clause.
He will be joining his former team mate bronson harrison at the raiders in 2010.

unless he plays for next to nothing it won't happen.

Backrower is the last position canberra need to fill

unless he plays for next to nothing it won't happen.

Backrower is the last position canberra need to fill

I dont buy that we have no money. We have lost Plum , Purtell , Turner and Graham.
We have upgraded some rookies but that shouldnt amount to the value we have lost. We could always use Heighington , he would slot into our 17.
TLL will be on the bench or front row and Picker and Thurling would be playing for South Logan.

it won happen,raiders fans think they can get anyone :?
Heighnington just signed a new contract and from reports is very happy,whoever started the rumor is full of it

plus anyways we would never let him go even if he wanted out

shear_joy9

Coach
I dont buy that we have no money. We have lost Plum , Purtell , Turner and Graham.
We have upgraded some rookies but that shouldnt amount to the value we have lost.

that chump campese' new contract comes into play doubling his yearly wages plus the 250k salary cap penalty for going over this season.

The small amount left should be saved for Dugan and other players new deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.