What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downie

Guest Moderator
We need a number fourteen that isn't Dunley with both Burns and Monaghan gone. Williamson COULD be it, but I'd prefer someone with a bit of impact. Halden may go okay but just seems to be a temporary stop-gap rather than anything permanent. Groom is still probably a year off.

Sullivan would be alright if he doesn't hold back Ballin.

Jono078

Referee
There is a bit in the herald today which says Knights have made a pretty strong offer to Chris Houston (Dragons Forward).

Also mention they are not after anymore Dragons forwards, so Sims wont be here in 2008.

Big Mick

Referee
Ashton Sims + Richie Williams --> Penrith (Herald)

I wouldn't mind that to be honest...Dragons fans will probably say take them rah rah...which is fine...but Penrith could do a lot worse...i mean sorry we HAVE done a lot worse...we did sign Mark O'Halloran and Brendan Worth.....last two years...so this is a step up, haha.

Big Mick

Referee
Knights would do good getting Houston. Good honest player.

Tell ya what...Dragons must be confident in getting Anthony Watmough if they are letting all these players go?...

Jono078

Referee
Big Mick © said:
Knights would do good getting Houston. Good honest player.

Tell ya what...Dragons must be confident in getting Anthony Watmough if they are letting all these players go?...

The way things are going for them, it looks like all these ones going are just to keep Ryles and Hornby.

Downie

Guest Moderator
According to the Manly Daily:

"The interest from St George Illawarra in Manly's Anthony Watmough was stronger than people think.

The Dragons had already started paperwork to make a final bid for "Choc" before the Sea Eagle junior commited to Manly for the next three years.

A formal announcement is expected next week."

D

Deleted member 10972

Big Mick © said:

I wouldn't mind that to be honest...Dragons fans will probably say take them rah rah...which is fine...but Penrith could do a lot worse...i mean sorry we HAVE done a lot worse...we did sign Mark O'Halloran and Brendan Worth.....last two years...so this is a step up, haha.

Would Sims play prop? Youse already have a backrow of Puletua, Pritchard, Smith, Rodney, Waterhouse, Moors, etc...Sims would replace Clinton?

Dutchy

Immortal
From Manly Daily:-

The interest from St George Illawarra in Manly's Anthony Watmough was stronger than people think.

The Dragons had already started paperwork to make a final bid for "Choc" before the Sea Eagle junior commited to Manly for the next three years.

A formal announcement is expected next week.

Big Mick

Referee
Titan...read the Sydney Morning Herald...its in there.

Sims would play prop for next year.

Penrith would have a Prop rotation of:

Adam Woolnough, Frank Puletua, Ashton Sims, Tim Grant...not too bad in my opinion. Tim Grant will be one of the premiere props in the game in a few years time.

imasharkie

Coach
Big Mick © said:

There's the article Big Mick
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/davidson-fires-up-nsw-forwards/2007/06/08/1181089324406.html?page=2

Meanwhile, the Dragons yesterday lost prop Charlie Leaeno to the Bulldogs - and second-rower Ashton Sims may follow after being told he would be released if he found another club.
Sims, who is said to be unhappy at the Dragons after re-signing last year until the end of 2009, has been linked with Penrith, along with out-of-favour five-eighth Richie Williams.
The Dragons have already lost centre Luke MacDougall and prop Danny Wicks to Newcastle, and the pair could be joined by troubled back Wes Naiqama and rookie forward Chris Houston.
However, co-captains Jason Ryles and Ben Hornby are believed to be close to finalising new deals with the Dragons.
In other news, Canberra yesterday re-signed halfback Michael Dobson for a further season, and the Cowboys extended the contract of back-rower Scott Bolton until the end of 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.