What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
sharks4ever said:
apparently the panthers and raiders are nutting out a deal carney in exchange for youngquest and firman
Can't we keep Youngquest and trade Rooney instead?

Awesome deal regardless. But Youngquest has been really good for us.

Lime_Green

Juniors
choc_soldier said:
From what I've heard...

Carney -> Panthers

The "mail" is quite strong, I was told...

How much do you trust this source? It doesn't seem consistent with a lot of stuff we're hearing on the Raiders side of things.

choc_soldier

Coach
Lime_Green said:
How much do you trust this source? It doesn't seem consistent with a lot of stuff we're hearing on the Raiders side of things.

From what I've been told, this source has not been wrong this year with other things happening with the Panthers.

Still, I'm taking it with caution. Won't believe it until it's officially announced on the Panthers website.

choc_soldier

Coach
VictorTheViking said:
Panthers have already pinched one of our up and coming halves, what more could they want with the talent they have in the lower grades

That's what I was thinking - we already have signed McCrone for next year.

Perhaps this "cleanout" that is occurring at the Panthers includes some current halves... Gower and Wallace are gone - Firman amongst them too? He's basically playing for a contract in 2008, as I think he's only at Penrith on a one year deal...

Its weird really, you've got richie williams, who has got the talent to be a good half, firman, mcrone, cant remember who else (your lower grade halves have got some decent wraps)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but if it does happen it wont be next year, surely the raiders arent stupid enough to release him

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers would take him.

Massively overrated. But still a very solid player and would be great for our team from the bench. Would also want him at a far lower price then what he is on atm.

D

Deleted member 10972

gong_eagle said:
Nate Myles to be offloaded by the Chooks as well
Either back to the dogs
Manly
Panthers

Hahaha. Manly.

You going to afford him (QLD Rep) AND Josh Perry (NSW Rep) AND Steve Menzies (Aus Rep) AND Jamie Lyon (Aus Rep) AND Matt Orford (CvC Rep) AND Brent Kite (Aus Rep) AND Anthony Watmough (NSW Rep) AND Steve Bell (QLD Rep) AND Steve Matai (NZ Rep) AND Brett Stewart (NSW Rep)?

I know BK is on a $3 contract, but c'mon, unless you're paying Perry & Lyon with food, i doubt you could fit him under the cap.

If you guys take him, can we have George Rose back? Or maybe throw in Bryant?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The Mack said:
I know BK is on a $3 contract, but c'mon, unless you're paying Perry & Lyon with food, i doubt you could fit him under the cap.
quote]

actually, that alone would probably put them well over the cap

D

Deleted member 10972

lol that is what i thought too.

Roosters are lacking two halves, & if the releases that are imminent are going to happen (Shillington, Shackleton, Myles, Roberts, Monaghan, Harrison), the squad next year has all covered except for Myles & Shillo.

Setaimata Sa is a fine centre, better than Monaghan at any rate, but is being played out of position at 5-8.

Shaun Foley if he stays can replace Roberts in the squad, can play anywhere from 1-6 & has plenty of talent.

Harrison needs to be replaced by a half now that Anasta has moved from 5-8 to lock, i hear we have put in an offer for Ben Rogers? See what happens there...

Shackleton, well if he leaves, we will either sign Corey Payne or re-sign one of Adam Schubert or Grant Millington. Plenty of options.

Without Myles & Shillington though...we are lacking props. Maybe that would explain us chasing Matthew Cross & Bryan Norrie?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The Mack said:

Roosters are lacking two halves, & if the releases that are imminent are going to happen (Shillington, Shackleton, Myles, Roberts, Monaghan, Harrison), the squad next year has all covered except for Myles & Shillo.

quote]

The Roosters will probably sign 1 or 2 halves in Townsville this week i would think.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
VictorTheViking said:
Its weird really, you've got richie williams, who has got the talent to be a good half, firman, mcrone, cant remember who else (your lower grade halves have got some decent wraps)

Not too sure we we are after more halves. We have some outstanding lower grade halves who should push for positions next year. Im hearing Elliott may not be afraid to blood Wade Graham at 17 next year.

D

Deleted member 10972

Panther_Daz said:
The Mack said:

quote]

The Roosters will probably sign 1 or 2 halves in Townsville this week i would think.

Can i have some names mate? Who from Townsville would we be looking at?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Australian Schoolboy Championships are in Townsville this week. All leading player managers and representatives from all clubs are there to try and sign up some of the best talent in the country. The Roosters will definately be out there looking for a couple of players.

D

Deleted member 10972

Problem is, we released two NRL standard halves. One a 5-8 (Lewis) that we need to partner Pearce, & the other a utility half (Soward) that would be ideal as a back-up. I feel Ben Rogers is one of the better 5-8's on the market...

D

Deleted member 10972

Thats why he is still a fullback. He can play up in the line though, huge talent, will put his body on the line to tackle, think Luke Phillips.

Ben Rogers is not on the Market, he is signed with Souths until end 2008 with option for 1 year extension.

Brent Webb -> South Sydney. Apparently to be announced later this week or early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.