What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuDragon

Juniors
Oh I am sorry, you got rid of Micheals, that's how you can fit in Hannet and Inglis
I have to admit the Michaels deal was a classic. We Broncos can't thank you enough! :thumb

You might want to add K. Hunt, Clinton, Winterstein, PJ Marsh, Setu, Sims and Folau to your list for good measure. Wouldn't want to make a liar out of you... :sarcasm:

timka4

Bench
I have to admit the Michaels deal was a classic. We Broncos can't thank you enough! :thumb

You might want to add K. Hunt, Clinton, Winterstein, PJ Marsh, Setu, Sims and Folau to your list for good measure. Wouldn't want to make a liar out of you... :sarcasm:
As much as I like to take a stab at the Broncos when I can, AuDragon is right they have released a few players and as you know the Broncos have plenty of juniors that are playing in the side for probably close to bottom wagers. Only medium to top wager players for mine in next years side would be - Lockyer, Wallace, Hodges, Ben Hannant, Parker, Thaiday and possibly Inglis.

However, in around 3-4 years, if these juniors keep producing great footy like they have been, they will be poached by another club. Just like the names mentioned by Dragon. However IMO this new batch of players will be better than those named to be released at the end of this year.

Big Mick

Referee
If that's true....Wade Graham can f**k right off.

Develop him his whole career and then just f**ks off.

Especially if he has agreed to terms even after accepting a meeting to meet with Mick Leary yesterday and today to try and stay at Penrith.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
If that's true....Wade Graham can f**k right off.

Develop him his whole career and then just f**ks off.

Especially if he has agreed to terms even after accepting a meeting to meet with Mick Leary yesterday and today to try and stay at Penrith.

What you expect him to hang around and play behind Travis Burns??? Why would you give that clown a contract when you had Graham ready to make the 6 his own.:crazy:

Big Mick

Referee
What you expect him to hang around and play behind Travis Burns??? Why would you give that clown a contract when you had Graham ready to make the 6 his own.:crazy:

Burns has been playing off the bench. Graham has been starting.

franklin2323

Immortal
They did the same thing with Peter Wallace, dead set that club has know idea some times

You forgot Lewis and Smith also. Worst management EVER!!!!! Even took the bastards 6 months to re-sign Jennings despite not wanted to go so much he didn't talk to other clubs!!!

Last edited:

Cranky Sod

Juniors
You forgot Lewis and Smith also. Worst management EVER!!!!! Even took the bastards 6 months to re-sign Jennings despite not wanted to go so much he didn't talk to other clubs!!!

6 months no i would say about 10 to 11 months of farting around with waffle.

Sleep

Juniors
The real mistake the Panthers made was getting high on Burns too early and extending his contract instead of waiting and seeing how the two played on this season.

By locking Burns up, the essentially put all their eggs in one basket and made it that much harder for themselves to retain Wade.

I think the worst thing a Penrith player can do at negotiation time, is mention to anyone that he wants to stay there. Once they do that, it seems that Penrith management put said players negotiations on the back burner and only deal with it once it has dragged on forever. Wallace, Lewis, Jennings, Smith, Graham have all said they want to stay with the club and all have been rooted around for months before anything has been settled and in some cases, ala Wallace and Graham, the player ends up leaving out of sheer frustration. Lewis and Smith also essentially left, but that only served to finally spur the Panthers management into action and actually get them to make a decision. In the end, both of those retentions probably ended up costing the Panthers more than they had to as well.

Its plainly obvious that Michael Gordon is desperate to stay there as well and they still haven't done that deal either. Most other clubs would have made him a priority re-signing once he was picked for Origin or even before, but Penrith are farting around with him to the point where he's probably half a chance of leaving as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts