What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,20797,27428937-5018866,00.html?from=public_rss

article on jennings signing, says graham will make a decision between the sharks and the cowboys by friday

"We're going back to Penrith as well and having something hopefully finalised by the end of this week.

"It's disappointing for Wade, he's a Penrith kid through and through but that's the way it is sometimes."

Leary said he was waiting to hear from Stewart.

"I've told his manager that we would like to keep him," the Panthers boss said.

"He's got to come to us and tell us what it's going to cost to keep him."

How does that suggest that he is definitely going to the Cowboys or Sharks? Its just a journalist assuming nothing is getting done and they are his only choices. Particularly when you factor in what his manager has said above and what Leary has said..

It seems to me his manager is just going shopping him and not telling Penrith what is going on.

Graham told us on Saturday he wants to stay and wants to play with his mates into the future.

If he just goes at the end of this week without even informing Penrith how much it would require to keep him...then that'll do me as far as Graham is concerned.

I don't think that'll happen. I think now the offers are on the table, they'll go to Penrith and hopefully something gets done soon.

Bob

Juniors
How does that suggest that he is definitely going to the Cowboys or Sharks? Its just a journalist assuming nothing is getting done and they are his only choices. Particularly when you factor in what his manager has said above and what Leary has said..

It seems to me his manager is just going shopping him and not telling Penrith what is going on.

Graham told us on Saturday he wants to stay and wants to play with his mates into the future.

If he just goes at the end of this week without even informing Penrith how much it would require to keep him...then that'll do me as far as Graham is concerned.

I don't think that'll happen. I think now the offers are on the table, they'll go to Penrith and hopefully something gets done soon.
Here's hoping Mick, I think he will be an outstanding 5/8 in the near future

mortz

you left this out of the article

Popular local product Graham appears next to no chance of staying with Penrith, with a decision between North Queensland and Cronulla likely by the end of the week.

Graham's manager Mark Stewart said Penrith were yet to table an offer for the 19-year-old.

"There's no indication from Wade yet which way he's likely to go," Stewart said.

Big Mick

Referee

Popular local product Graham appears next to no chance of staying with Penrith, with a decision between North Queensland and Cronulla likely by the end of the week.

Graham's manager Mark Stewart said Penrith were yet to table an offer for the 19-year-old.

"There's no indication from Wade yet which way he's likely to go," Stewart said.

Yeh but its then followed by what I posted.

The first line is a journalist opinion.

Penrith were yet to table an offer, because as Mick Leary said, his manager hasn't let him know what the asking price is.

And his manager said he doesn't know what Wade will do..

So how is it guaranteed that he'll be choosing between Nth Qld and Sharks and not Penrith?

murraymob

Coach

the article is not fully true .penrith have a last offer deal with wade.And are waiting for wades manager to table that last deal to see how they match it.Wade wants to stay but it will depend on what the cowboys offer in comparison to penrith can offer

Bench
Todays tele has Lewis re-signing for Penrith till the end of 2014,great to hear,a great player and a loyal one too apparently.

I don't think it was LL's fault as such. Moreso, Penrith screwed him around. He always wanted to stay there, but they didn't want to make him an offer. Then he hit a bit of form and the Panthers did a complete backflip.

If anything, it was the Panthers fault.

skeepe

Immortal
I don't think it was LL's fault as such. Moreso, Penrith screwed him around. He always wanted to stay there, but they didn't want to make him an offer. Then he hit a bit of form and the Panthers did a complete backflip.

If anything, it was the Panthers fault.

I know what you're saying, but if that's the case he shouldn't have committed to Souths so quickly.

I guess I can't complain too much given that the same rules helped us dodge a bullet when Nathan Smith thankfully reneged, but I just don't like the idea of giving your word to an organisation who then plan for the future based on that, only to pull out later.

Coaster

Bench
Stupid rumor, we all know Broncos are not restricted by a salary cap, they only let players go when they don't want them in there top 35

AuDragon

Juniors
Stupid rumor, we all know Broncos are not restricted by a salary cap, they only let players go when they don't want them in there top 35
A Titans fan having a go at the Broncos regarding the salary cap. Love your sense of humor! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.