What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nighty to souths????

pretty sure he is secured for a year or two more at saints....

or are u just trying to ruffle the feathers before tonight....

also he plays right wing.....merritt? and how many wingers get 3 year deals???

Not trying to ruffle any feathers. As I mentioned, I heard it on another forum. The op mentioned that it had been getting around Dragons circles and he'd heard it from a couple of Dragons fans, hence I put it up here to see if it had legs.

I know for a fact that we had a dig at him last time his contract came up and it wouldn't surprise me if he were being offered around as the Dragons have a stack of talent out wide and a few young blokes pushing to get into first grade. Add to that the fact that Gaz has come along and swallowed up a big chunk of cap and it makes sense. With guys like Lett and Faifai Loa probably on next to nothing and with the ability to do a great job on the wing, it wouldn't surprise if Nightingale has been told he can look around. Replacing him with one of those others would probably free up around $100k for you guys.

btw, if Souths were to sign him, I would say it would be to either play fullback in place of Wesser, or play on the Wing and Merritt to fullback. If we were to sign Nightingale, it would be the end of Wesser at Souths imo.

applesauce

Bench
Brett White to Canberra.

Should Inglis and Brett White, who has agreed in-principle to join Canberra next year, secure releases, that should allow coach Craig Bellamy to retain a host of his most promising youngsters including off-contract flyer Justin O'Neill as well as upgrading Test backrower Adam Blair's deal.

Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts