What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydraider

First Grade
I would take Orford with open arms.

Use McCrone as a super-sub bench utility and help him develop.

We're already looking hot to trot but throw Orford in at half and we're a top 4 club.

Mcrone is developing, he has improved out of sight since joey has been down there mentoring him. We also have Sam Williams coming through.

Orford is a bigger gamble than Mcrone IMO, what if he comes back from england more busted than he was when he left? I dont like it, just me though.

Big Mick

Referee
Why would the Tigers get rid of Moltzon? really? They are dumb if so.

If Moltzon or Orford end up at Canberra.

Wow...what a team they will be in 2011.

skeepe

Immortal
Why would the Tigers get rid of Moltzon? really? They are dumb if so.

If Moltzon or Orford end up at Canberra.

Wow...what a team they will be in 2011.

The rumour as I've heard it goes like this. Moltzen is on close to minimum wage, but has some lucrative bonuses in his contract. The Tigers had tried to, unsuccessfully, tried to claim a salary cap exemption for part of Farah and another player's salary (Gibbs maybe?). As a result of that being knocked back, they won't pay Moltzen his bonus because it would put then over the cap.

As a result, Moltzen is apparently completely disillusioned with the club and desperate to leave.

All complete supposition at this stage, but that's the rumour.

R2Coupe

Juniors
If you heard the interview with Joel Caine, the only move Moltzen is concerning himself with is back on the field with the Tigers.

Sheens has a very high opinion of Moltzen and his loss this year has been felt hard by the Tigers.

This rumour just happens to surface when the Raiders face going into next year with McCrone as the first option half. Fairly transparent rumour.

super_coach

First Grade
Their is some talk Fifita has signed with the dogs. Only talk but I did hear he was not happy at the Tigers. Iam not sure what his contract status is at present but would be a big loss for the Tigers

Timbo

Staff member
Humphreys just confirmed Moltzen won't be risked this year to ensure he is ready for next season.

Wow. That actually makes me think we might have him.

No Marshall two games from a Grand Final and... 'We're not going to risk him'?

bullsh*t. The only reason you don't play a freak like Moltzen at this time of year is if he's on the outer.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Another reason perhaps is six months out from a knee reconstruction and the Tigers realising his long term value to the team, the club won't risk his recuperation.

MacDougall

First Grade
Humphreys is surely jesting. If he says "we're not going to risk him" that means he can move well enough to play. If he can move well enough to play when on Earth WOULD you risk him other than a do or die finals match!?

Surely there is worth in at least playing him from the bench. Either that or they are certain that Marshall will play.

Though it would be ironic if Moltzen returns to put the Raiders out of the competition just before going down there. Wouldn't be very welcome if so I imagine. It'd be rather gutting for Tigers fans if the Raiders put us out and then take our most exciting young talent to boot.

Makes for interesting times.

Bench
Their is some talk Fifita has signed with the dogs. Only talk but I did hear he was not happy at the Tigers. Iam not sure what his contract status is at present but would be a big loss for the Tigers
That talk is of David Fafita,not Andrew,Andrew is signed for next year.

gronkathon

First Grade
The rumour as I've heard it goes like this. Moltzen is on close to minimum wage, but has some lucrative bonuses in his contract. The Tigers had tried to, unsuccessfully, tried to claim a salary cap exemption for part of Farah and another player's salary (Gibbs maybe?). As a result of that being knocked back, they won't pay Moltzen his bonus because it would put then over the cap.

As a result, Moltzen is apparently completely disillusioned with the club and desperate to leave.

All complete supposition at this stage, but that's the rumour.

There was an issue but as soon as Tuiaki was deemed cap exempt for medical reasons Tim was paid everything contractually owed to him. He is very happy at the Tigers. He will not be risked for Friday night as he has zero match fitness and isn't even at full speed lateral direction shifts in his rehab

That talk is of David Fafita,not Andrew,Andrew is signed for next year.

I have hear it is David going to Dogs. Still think he should stay at the tigers. I imagine the signing of Andrew Fafita and Chris Lawrence to long term contract extensions is the tigers number 1 priority and probably also the reason we won't be very active in the player market for next season.

Bench
Wow. That actually makes me think we might have him.

No Marshall two games from a Grand Final and... 'We're not going to risk him'?

bullsh*t. The only reason you don't play a freak like Moltzen at this time of year is if he's on the outer.
FOX just reported that Moltzen trained in Benji's place,and will play if Benji doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts