What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Yea as much as I'd love it juts can't see the Tigs being stupid enough to let go Moltzen.

Anyone else think Taumata will end up back at the Storm? Would be cheap and they need a 5/8th :-k

sallymay

Juniors
Oh no. Whatever you do don't take Kouparitsas as well Parra :( even though you need a hooker/back/Greek and he's probably not very expensive and might be easy to sign...

oh oh we better not sign Kouparitsas storm need more second rowers and props but not him

Charlie124

First Grade
Maybe the boys just thought ' we have tate and tonga in the centers, we have thompson and morgan in the halves, arana your free to go'.

Id have Taumata at 5/8 ahead of Thompson and Morgan, some fans dont agree but i think hes made a better combination with Thurston than the other two. Either way we'd be morons if we just let him go, but i hope for his own sake that thats the case and he hasnt f**ked up again.

gronkathon

First Grade
Replacing one lazy lump of crap (Cuthbo) with possibly another (Gordon). The club are really uncomfortable with anything but failure aren't they?

roboshark

Coach
It also seems that once again the bulldogs have an endless supply of money

Didn't they sign jono wright from eels today, with eastwood to come

Fair dinkum

Cowboys woo

Juniors
Braith Anasta ---> Cowboys

NORTH Queensland have held top-level discussions about buying out the final season of skipper Braith Anasta's contract with Sydney Roosters next year.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Cowboys have spoken about luring Anasta, whose field goal saved his side in last Saturday's epic qualifying final with the Tigers, from Bondi to Townsville in 2011.

The Cowboys are cashed up after the departure of 14 players from their top roster.

North Queensland have vacancies for two, possibly three more players, and Anasta is seen as the perfect foil for star halfback Johnathan Thurston.

Anasta has had to play in the forwards with the Roosters where Mitchell Pearce and Todd Carney form arguably the best halves combination in the NRL.

"We have a wonderful halfback in Johnathan," North Queensland coach Neil Henry said yesterday.

"You put him with Braith and it would be an exciting thought. They would be a dynamic combination. I don't know whether we would have the finances to buy out his contract, but if a player like Braith became available we would certainly be interested.

"It would be a big sea change for Braith to move from Sydney to Townsville, but funnier things have happened."

Henry has reacted after hearing Anasta is restless at playing in the pack from where he will lead the Roosters in Saturday night's qualifying final against Penrith at Sydney Football Stadium.

"I have heard whispers about it, (the Cowboys move) but that's all there is to it at this point," Anasta told Rugby League Week.

"I don't even want to think about it now. We're just focused on the finals. Toddy and Mitch are doing a great job for us in the halves and they have been a big reason behind our success."

The Cowboys coaching staff and administration have been discussing a restructure for 2011, with chief executive Peter Parr already having been demoted to the role of football manager.

But chairman Laurence Lancini, who is attending a conference on the Gold Coast, said there would be no further announcements until after his return to Townsville tomorrow.

Parr said the club remained in the market for a top-tier forward and Henry had spoken with British Test prop Stuart Fielden. But it had never got to the stage of making an offer and Fielden had since signed a new deal in Super League.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ar-braith-anasta/story-e6frep5x-1225922903530

Charlie124

First Grade
Im excited about the rumour but even more excited about the fact that we're still cashed up and looking to sign at least 2 more players including a top tier forward.

sh*t im looking forward to this new look Cowboys, bring on 2011!!!

boxhead

First Grade
On Arana Taumata, Parramatta and Manly are favourites to get his signature, but nothing is known as of yet. Apparently he will announce his new club within 48 hours.

Also, on Braith Anasta, a couple of clubs have been talking to him; Parra were reportedly talking to him as well. Would be a great signing for any club, particularly the Cowboys. However, I wish him the best wherever he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.