What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsta5838

Juniors
I would be happy with those players. If Cuthbertson could re-claim his Manly form, he would be fantastic at Penrith with the likes of Coote, Gordon, Jennings running off him.

From memory, Wright has already played with the Panthers. I would be happy to have him back and agree he could repalce Purtell.

Yileen has had wraps on him when he was at Souths. Was ok for the Dogs, but can't see him cracking FG with the Panthers, unless injury strikes.

franklin2323

Immortal
mat wright would take purtells spot in the backline.
cuthbo would take pritchards hahahaha

Yeah I think centre is Wrights best postion. he has played Lock and 5/8 but not as good. I can't see purtell being anywhere near the backs.

Cutho, Paulo, Gordon will fight out for it. 2 years ago McKendry couldn't get shorts to fit his lard arse now plays big minutes. Gordon and Cutho need to follow suit if they want a spot.

Atleast it will give us options that's a start

mxlegend99

Referee
mat wright would take purtells spot in the backline.
cuthbo would take pritchards hahahaha
We'd take absolutely ANYONE over him. I'd even take Cuthbertson on the wing ahead of Purtell. He and Michael Jennings would link up well with his offloads. :lol:

Chook Herron

Juniors
He's been playing for Junee in Group 9 since he left the Dogs. I read an article about him and Laurie Daley in the Telegraph the other day but there was nothing metioned about a sharks deal

Big Mick

Referee
If that is true then put some money on Matt Elliott to be the first coach sacked next year.

OMFG that would be horrendous for your Club.

Why. They wouldn't see first grade.

We've lost nearly our entire Windsor team...and also lost about 9 guys from our top squad while signing...noone.

Gordon has already been done, I really don't know why they are delaying it.

Cuthbertson I don't know about...but if the Sharks are paying the bulk of his contract and he only costs us $60k then fine...

And Wright...he is a Penrith junior, I never wanted to lose him in the first place...and he will be good depth.

All will likely play for Windsor. If so...and when required I'm sure they can play a role.

Why. They wouldn't see first grade.

We've lost nearly our entire Windsor team...and also lost about 9 guys from our top squad while signing...noone.

Gordon has already been done, I really don't know why they are delaying it.

Cuthbertson I don't know about...but if the Sharks are paying the bulk of his contract and he only costs us $60k then fine...

And Wright...he is a Penrith junior, I never wanted to lose him in the first place...and he will be good depth.

All will likely play for Windsor. If so...and when required I'm sure they can play a role.

Mick,

How can you be happy about having them sign for your Club when you reckon they'll never see 1st Grade?

The last thing you want is your lower grades loaded with dead end players.

Big Mick

Referee
Mick,

How can you be happy about having them sign for your Club when you reckon they'll never see 1st Grade?

No...i'm saying they'll never see 1st grade consistently.

But they have experience.

Wright has the potential to be a regular first grader.

Cuthbertson if he pulls his finger out as well.

But worst case scenario...they are players we can use in case of injuries or rep duties...and not really lose a whole lot.

You need good, decent back ups in the NRL...and they are decent back ups. Will they win you a game...probably not...but if they get their heads together they may not lose you one either.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mick,

well take your pick..

you can either sign blokes with fg experiance to 2nd tier deals or fill that squad up with Bundy cup players? I'll know which one I would choose.

franklin2323

Immortal
Mick,

We need players to fill out our squad we lost Cooper, Pritchard, Penese, Bateman all backrowers. If they have experience even better.

we have a top 17 basically pencilled in just need squad fillers.

Coote, Earl, Jennings, Gordon, Tighe, Burns, Walsh, Grant, Kingston, Petero, Waterhouse, Smith, Lewis: Masada, Paulo, Bell, McKendry

will more then likely be the top 17. So the likes of Taumata, Gordon and co could be great signings given they have shown glimpses or play out the season for Windsor and we don't lose anything

well take your pick..

you can either sign blokes with fg experiance to 2nd tier deals or fill that squad up with Bundy cup players?I'll know which one I would choose.

They are all failed First Graders.

To be honest if they are used will cost Panthers games.

Much better to recruit upcoming talent from other Clubs Under 20's and groom them for 1st Grade.

Rather than clog it up with "well known losers."

betcats

Referee
They are all failed First Graders.

To be honest if they are used will cost Panthers games.

Much better to recruit upcoming talent from other Clubs Under 20's and groom them for 1st Grade.

Rather than clog it up with "well known losers."

We have been doing that aswell, So far we have signed Nafe Seluini from the warriors NYC team aswell as some 17 year old whose sposed to be hot sh*t from NZ schoolboys, but who knows recruiting young talent is very hit and miss.

gronkathon

First Grade
Willie Mataka and one or both of Al and Jason Schirnack to the Sharks

Darren Nicholls to the Titans

Jared Farlow & Matt Ryan possibly to the Storm

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Jim Beam Cup hasn't been the name for a while. It's called Bundaberg Red Cup now.

Status
Not open for further replies.