What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfoord

Juniors
shaun berrigan to the dragons no source but certain to happen just trust me

Can they even afford Berro, considering they are releasing Costigan and Smith (and maybe even 1 or 2 others) so they can fit Gasnier under the cap for next year

fortae

Bench
considering they are releasing Costigan and Smith (and maybe even 1 or 2 others) so they can fit Gasnier under the cap for next year

Complete rubbish made up by the papers because they only want simplistic discussions on these matters. Smith and Costigan left because Saints saw big offers for them they won't be offering beyond next year. Gasnier would have been there last year, if not for the NRL etc reneging. The structure of the contract will be similar since the NRL woke up to obvious concerns.

boxhead

First Grade
Apparently;

Willie Tonga -----> Eels

Sparking the 'walk-out' rumours.....

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
Tonga shot down this rumour months ago about wanting out of the cows when he was rumoured to be going to souths, he said he loves the place and wants to finish his career with them.

boxhead

First Grade
Tonga shot down this rumour months ago about wanting out of the cows when he was rumoured to be going to souths, he said he loves the place and wants to finish his career with them.

I'm the first to believe that and hope that is true-I want him to stay there.

Problem is, it was months ago that he said that, and if you go back even further he said he will one day return to the Eels....
To me he sounds conflicted :?
The rumour comes because of all the late-season stuff that has been happening at the Cowboys, they say he just wants to get out of there, much like many of the players supposedly do......

aussie7798

First Grade
Can they even afford Berro, considering they are releasing Costigan and Smith (and maybe even 1 or 2 others) so they can fit Gasnier under the cap for next year

smith would be a huge chunk of the gaz money when he signed it was on about 300k coupled with the salary cap increases it nearly does all of gazs money

boxhead

First Grade
The Willie Tonga, Matt Orford and Phil Graham rumours to go to the Eels are getting bigger; I can understand going after Tonga to partner Tahu, but why get Graham when our outside back depth is our biggest strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts