What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Parramatta haven't actually approached many players at all, most of the players they have been linked to in the papers they haven't even really been looking at.
...like Inglis. Eels wouldn't be spending their money on nobodies like Hicks if they a) wanted Inglis and b) thought they had a chance. Even if they had a chance why would the Eels put as much as a third of their cap into 2 outside backs.

And we've actually signed Inglis. Even if the NRL blocks out we get the option of getting rid of players first and signing him before other clubs have a go. But it won't get to that.

boxhead

First Grade
...like Inglis. Eels wouldn't be spending their money on nobodies like Hicks if they a) wanted Inglis and b) thought they had a chance. Even if they had a chance why would the Eels put as much as a third of their cap into 2 outside backs.

And we've actually signed Inglis. Even if the NRL blocks out we get the option of getting rid of players first and signing him before other clubs have a go. But it won't get to that.

Still can't accept that this isn't the truth? You poor human.
In fact, signing Chris Hicks doesn't really mean anything; what matters is that Souths offered to release Beau Champion to us and we declined. That obviously says we will throw everything at Inglis.

Bazal

Post Whore

I don't think we'll have a crack at Inglis...we already got rid of our fat lazy hacks with more talent than heart or brains. BUT...Hicks would be a direct replacement for Grothe. IF we were to sack Tahu, what part of your eminently flawed logic stops us from making a play at him should we desire to do so?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Still can't accept that this isn't the truth? You poor human.
In fact, signing Chris Hicks doesn't really mean anything; what matters is that Souths offered to release Beau Champion to us and we declined. That obviously says we will throw everything at Inglis.
Maybe you declined Beau Champion because you don't want Beau Champion? Not everything that happens in the NRL is directly linked to Greg Inglis.
I don't think we'll have a crack at Inglis...we already got rid of our fat lazy hacks with more talent than heart or brains. BUT...Hicks would be a direct replacement for Grothe. IF we were to sack Tahu, what part of your eminently flawed logic stops us from making a play at him should we desire to do so?
Here's how I see it. The Eels don't want Inglis and even if they did they wouldn't get him. Why put well over 1 million a year into 2 outside backs. If a team's salary cap is that out of proportion to the backs, you won't get anywhere. Spending your money on guys like Hicks is the right thing to do. I actually agree with the Eels for once, they're management is finally doing something right.

This would all be a non issue if it wasn't for the occasional Eels fan with an overactive imagination.

Let's look at what people that actually matter have to say:

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=551560&vId=

Parramatta are looking to boost their diminishing stocks in the outside backs, but the NRL club isn't holding out much hope of luring Greg Inglis.

New Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney has worked with Inglis for the star centre's entire career to date, as assistant coach of Melbourne, but chief executive Paul Osborne isn't holding his breath.
'I'm not expecting him to be anywhere except at Souths,' Osborne told AAP.

Last edited:

Bench
Logic doesn't count with him,remember the no players lost or cut boast,GI on $190k,Burgess on $150k,Souths have a creative CEO,must be Brian Waldron's cousin or something.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe you declined Beau Champion because you don't want Beau Champion? Not everything that happens in the NRL is directly linked to Greg Inglis.

Here's how I see it. The Eels don't want Inglis and even if they did they wouldn't get him. Why put well over 1 million a year into 2 outside backs. If a team's salary cap is that out of proportion to the backs, you won't get anywhere. Spending your money on guys like Hicks is the right thing to do. I actually agree with the Eels for once, they're management is finally doing something right.

This would all be a non issue if it wasn't for the occasional Eels fan with an overactive imagination.

I reckon we're doing the right thing too...waiting for the NRL to tell you lot to shed players so you can keep Inglis. Then, we either put an offer to GI as the only club in the country who can legitimately afford him...or, even better, we pick up Beau Champion for less when he's shed to make way for the lazy merkin...:lol:

jk13

First Grade
knowing our recruitment lately, we'll probably walk out of this inglis shamozzle with mick crocker

Sugar

Bench
I reckon we're doing the right thing too...waiting for the NRL to tell you lot to shed players so you can keep Inglis. Then, we either put an offer to GI as the only club in the country who can legitimately afford him...or, even better, we pick up Beau Champion for less when he's shed to make way for the lazy merkin...:lol:
So your happy for Parra to pay his full salary towards the cap but if he goes to Souths he's a lazy merkin ?

Bazal

Post Whore
I hope we don't sign him tbh. I don't like him and honestly I don't rate him as anything more than the second coming of Owen Craigie. But on the flipside and my opinion of him aside, with Reddy and Walker and Atkins in Parra's backline I don't think the club can afford to ignore the chance should it arise...

BunniesMan

Immortal
I hope we don't sign him tbh. I don't like him and honestly I don't rate him as anything more than the second coming of Owen Craigie. But on the flipside and my opinion of him aside, with Reddy and Walker and Atkins in Parra's backline I don't think the club can afford to ignore the chance should it arise...
Wouldn't it be better to take a punt on a junior coming through than paying big bucks for the "2nd coming of Owen Craigie".

Difference is Owen Craigie at his best wasn't half the player Inglis is. And Inglis has a history of stepping up and playing even better than usual in the big games. That's not the usual trademark of a fat/lazy/unmotivated player that you're trying to paint him as.

stuke

Bench
no way will Rusty allow GI to slip through his fingers. deals will be made and GI will be a bunny next season.

boxhead

First Grade
whatwhat if this is true I presume it's to accomodate Inglis' deal with Souths. They are cousins after all....still if he isn't happy about it I don't know why he would accept it; he loves Souths, has been training with Souths in the off-season.
If Souths forced him into this I will not have a very high opinion of them; how can they pull that on one of their younger players and tell them to go to another club to accomodate their cousin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts