What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I am hoping and preying someone signs Brett White asap
rumours are canberra are keen on him and i dont care where he goes, as long as its not the Raiders.
Shillington and Tilse have both run for more 100+ metre games this season than Brett White has in his career

Shanky

Juniors
He should be a 2nd off the bench prop at best at the Storm. I'd take Norrie, Tolman and Lima over him any day.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No room for Michael Luck? I know plenty of other clubs rate him highly.

Who and how quickly can they take him?

Bit harsh on Luck, but I just don't see how he'll hold off all the other talented backrowers we have other than the fact he's a Cleary favourite.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah Im not sure how he will fit in. Thats why I was suprised he was resigned, especially when they didnt make him captain.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Brett White is a 1st off the bench prop on any team besides the storm nowadays

"Nowadays" obviously started after Origin II. Hahaha.

Hopefully with Bellamy gone Brett f**king White will never play Origin again ... or is that too much to hope for?

Iafeta

Referee
Who and how quickly can they take him?

Bit harsh on Luck, but I just don't see how he'll hold off all the other talented backrowers we have other than the fact he's a Cleary favourite.

Yeah Im not sure how he will fit in. Thats why I was suprised he was resigned, especially when they didnt make him captain.

Luck's been one of our best in the past 3-4 games. His defence has been outstanding, particularly in cover. I could understand some of the comments if some of the back row talent was in the Lauitiiti/Tallis type class, but they're nowhere near that level. The over-abundance of backrow talent as described by KTF is a myth.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Luck's been one of our best in the past 3-4 games. His defence has been outstanding, particularly in cover. I could understand some of the comments if some of the back row talent was in the Lauitiiti/Tallis type class, but they're nowhere near that level. The over-abundance of backrow talent as described by KTF is a myth.

Well depends if you want someone like Tai'i or Brown playing for the Vulcans.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Luck is nowhere near that level either. His defense is very good, but in the modern game you can't attack with 12 players.

It also depends entirely on what you want from a football side. I've said it countless times, I have nothing against Luck as his work ethic is unquestioned and his commitment is outstanding. He did a remarkable job helping the Warriors turn things around after that salary cap issues.

That being said, there is no room for Mannering and Luck if both are going to play 80 minutes. It's a conservative "lets go out to not lose" rather than "let's go out to win" mentality that won't win a premiership or even go close.

I've always been a fan of a multi-faceted lock and Luck doesn't fit that. Obviously he does for Ivan and other Warrior fans and I hope it works because I'll support the team even if there were 13 Luck's on the field at once.

Our defense has been criticised as soft over the last couple of seasons, and our defense doesn't force mistakes. It's not aggressive or dominating.

In a competition that's so close week in and week out you need to be aggressive where we seem content to limit opposition attacks rather than dominate them. Won't work, has never worked, will never work.

Like I said to begin with, I won't fault Luck's commitment, heart, contribution, but going forward he's going to become surplus to requirements.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
saw this rumour in a wests tigers thread, although heard nothing more about it since
White, Hoffman, Finch have alegedly been approached by the Tigers.

I must admit, it doesn't seem to be too strong a rumour.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
and with the 76 thousand backrowers we already possess, he wouldn't be needed

Status
Not open for further replies.