What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
After failing miserably on the recruitment front, getting knocked back by just about every player off contract...Newcastle are poised to announce the signing of..............

NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Besides Costigan, Beau Henry, Siuatonga Likiliki and Kyle O'Donnell...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Reni Maitua is now favourite to sign with the Eels, in fact it is all but confirmed apparently.
Will probably hear news about this at the end of the week. Thanks for the info from our Parra sources!

It is rumoured that Parramatta may play him at five-eighth instead of lock or the bench, assuming he comes into the first-grade side (he has a drug ban until May).

That will solve your halves crisis... :sarcasm:

boxhead

First Grade
That will solve your halves crisis... :sarcasm:

:lol:
True eh, it would be BS-if he's cheap, would be great.
I would love to have Reni and, if he is fit and wants to play, make him work for that 1st grade spot, but playing him at five-eighth? There is no bloody point; we already have at least four five-eighths at any time in the squad, why do we want to replace them with Reni? If we seriously think that Reni will do better at that spot than all of Mortimer, Hayne, Humble, Robson, Barba etc then we have serious problems....not like we don't already ;-)
:)

Ryan

Juniors
Yileen Gordon has been linked with Manly

Won't happen. Lowe can't even manage to get Foran or Matai to ink a contract, let alone sign a new player. Plus, he needs to attain us a new major sponsor, which is much more important.

Any Bulldog want to swap Greenberg for Lowey?

franklin2323

Immortal
Coote Extends with Penrith. Got a members email with that in the title just a blank email. Will post more details when the proper 1 comes through

Timbo

Staff member
I would take Orford with open arms.

Use McCrone as a super-sub bench utility and help him develop.

We're already looking hot to trot but throw Orford in at half and we're a top 4 club.

Ryan

Juniors
Storm have signed 2 new players to be announced next week...word on the street is that it is Maurice Blair and Nigel Plum.

Good signings. I hope you guys do well next year.
Wanna take Graham Lowe off our hands?
Bulldogs fans have already expressly said no in a trade for Greenberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.