What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark flanagan (wests tigers) to Widnes Vikings

Do the Tigers know something the rest of us don't know?

Is the game about to change to seven a side or something? Unless they start replacing some of the guys they are losing and illegedly losing real soon they'll be lucky to field a side next year.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Do the Tigers know something the rest of us don't know?

Is the game about to change to seven a side or something? Unless they start replacing some of the guys they are losing and illegedly losing real soon they'll be lucky to field a side next year.

Um, we've only let go of five players who are first grade regulars.

- Payten (retiring and has hardly played this season)
- McKinnon (ESL)
- Moltzen
- Gibbs
- Fifita

And we have replaced them with three signings so far (Blair, Reddy, Bell), plus a couple of juniors will be promoted next season.

So what are you on about?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Jennings will not be going to Parra as rumoured.

From the RLW:

'Why would i go to Parramatta? I hate them'

Um, we've only let go of five players who are first grade regulars.

- Payten (retiring and has hardly played this season)
- McKinnon (ESL)
- Moltzen
- Gibbs
- Fifita

And we have replaced them with three signings so far (Blair, Reddy, Bell), plus a couple of juniors will be promoted next season.

So what are you on about?

I'm on about the fact that there are 5 gone and at least another 7 or so rumoured to be looking elsewhere. It seems every time I look at this thread there are more rumours about Tigers leaving. Perhaps there was also a hint of sarcasm in there as well but there certainly seems to be a nett loss of players happening for you guys this year.

eozsmiles

Bench
I'm on about the fact that there are 5 gone and at least another 7 or so rumoured to be looking elsewhere. It seems every time I look at this thread there are more rumours about Tigers leaving. Perhaps there was also a hint of sarcasm in there as well but there certainly seems to be a nett loss of players happening for you guys this year.

The Tigers had an easy choice to make. They either resign their ageing players that have got them to one finals series since 2005 for solid money, or they sign the young players they want to keep (Lawrence, Ayshford, Woods, Dwyer, etc) plus their top u/20's who are apparently pretty good. I'd say they felt that this year was their premiership window and next year was always going to be a re-building year. Probably had a good idea who they wanted to let go 6-12 months ago. They haven't let any stars go. Fifita has potential and Moltzen might come good but the others (Gibbs, McKinnon, etc) aren't stars.
If they don't sign the kids now they will be gone, and Sheens was recently quoted as saying they have kids going from $20k this year to $100k next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts