What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
you also have jennings. lewis, grant, walsh, coote and mckendy

these guys are taking up most of the cap

Walsh is hardly on anything. His contract he signed for 3 years earlier this year was very cap friendly. That I know as 100% true.

The others...yeah they are on big deals but as Franklin said they don't kick in until 2014/15.

By then the following guys may be gone being off-contract at the end of 2013:
Travis Burns - On decent money
Nathan Smith - On really good money
Kevin Kingston - On good money
Nigel Plum - just above min
Cameron Ciraldo - around min
Danny Galea - around min
Clint Newton - about regular first grader money.
David Simmons - Above min
Geoff Daniela - Above min

Just to name a few...

By then young guys who are looking for opportunities will have developed enough to take their spots. Guys like:
Harry Seijka - Direct for Burns with Blake Austin filling as well
Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi - Will take regular first grade bench spot
Bryce Cartwright - Will get a few starts in 2014 with a view for 2015
Others include - Tony Satini, Matthew Moylan, Sam Hollis, Blake South etc.

That's how it will likely play out...which also is extremely cap friendly replacing above min guys, with min guys looking for shots in the club despite a cap increase.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
I'd heard that Earl is talking to Bulldogs, Parra, Cronulla & Melbourne initially. He's drawing some pretty handy interest.

Don't be shocked to see Penrith make one more "decent" signing in the next fortnight. Nothing of the calibre or price of Manu however. More along the lines of the Dean Whare signing.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
According to RLW and also in the sharks thread

Eels are going out to get Jeremy smith from sharks

Jeff robson being offered contracts from ESL

You heard it here first

franklin2323

Immortal
Rumours doing the rounds. A parra backrower to Penrith. Agreed to terms just working out length etc. My bet is Horo or Shackleton. Horo is the better of the 2.

dogslife

Coach
Nah Shackleton would be better because of his really funny Fuifui impression which would be good for team morale...

franklin2323

Immortal
I reckon it'll be shack

Given he called the coach a f**kwit. I can't see him getting a run at Parra. According to rumours around (he's brother and dad are associated with Penrith. So could be something in it) Horo was told go back to wenty for a week or 2 work on somethings and comeback up. He go reports to the coach asks what he needs to do. The response was something like "Don't worry. you will be here awhile". Still nowhere near 1st grade 10 weeks later.

Armageddon.

Juniors
Sandor Earl or Wes Naiqama :arrow: Raiders for the remainder of the season

Why would anybody want to sign with the Raiders? Sandor Earl would be better off sticking with Windsor Wolves, they would probably beat Canberra. Same goes for Naiqama at Knights reserves. Even for $500k a season you wouldn't wanna do it, far too embarrassing.

Earl

Coach
Why would anybody want to sign with the Raiders? Sandor Earl would be better off sticking with Windsor Wolves, they would probably beat Canberra. Same goes for Naiqama at Knights reserves. Even for $500k a season you wouldn't wanna do it, far too embarrassing.

Plus they'll be stuck behind Michael Bani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts