What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Why would the Roosters want to let Pearce leave a year early? To play Mortimer at No.7, or Maloney there and have those two as a halves combination? Stevie Wonder could see that won't work and he's blind, let alone has no idea about league.

grouch

First Grade
The possible reason is, and it's been rumoured a while, that Pearce has had a falling out with Brian Smith. Purely rumour, but that's the rationale

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I was going to say gee why would you want to keep a coach who hasn't won a single premiership..but then Pearce hasn't won one, or an Origin. Still, I know who I'd be jogging on.

Whats Doing

Bench
Maloney was signed by the Roosters in November 2011 for the 2013 season. As I mentioned in a previous thread you can only sign players after 1 November for the season after next. For example you can only sign a player for the 2013 season only from 1 November 2011.

For Pearce, you will not be able to sign Pearce for the 2014 season (who is contracted until the end of 2013) until 1 November 2012.

BranVan3000

Coach
Brett Finch signed sealed and delivered to Rabbitohs. One year contract, option for two in Souths favour.

#YouHeardItHereFirst

RWB

Bench
I know there is a certain rule that refrains clubs from signing players over 12 months from contract's end. However it is possible for the Roosters to release him from the last year of his contract, making it possible for a club to sign him for next season.

:lol: Oh wow.

You're just the bloke that keeps on providing.

Patorick

Staff member
Don't know if this has appeared anywhere else however - Segeyaro to Penriff apparently.
It's been done, to death.

Cows would be mad if they let it happen though, losing The Seg to keep Grandpa Payne (with all due respect to him).

beads6

First Grade
Don't understand this tbh. He's already been to Sydney once. Got homesick and went back to North QLD. What makes him think he won't get homesick again?

Add to that the fact that he has almost surpassed Payne as the Cowboys number 1 hooker and the Panthers already have Kingston and a few other hooker options.

betcats

Referee
Add to that the fact that he has almost surpassed Payne as the Cowboys number 1 hooker and the Panthers already have Kingston and a few other hooker options.

No good ones, Nafe is out of favour with Cleary and the only other legit options Travis Burns and Ryan Simpkins, neither of which are any good at hooker, solid, but not good.

Lewis Brown who is coming can also play hooker but i hope he has been bought as a backrower.

So the only "real" Hookers we have are Kingston and Nafe, so an upgrade is needed imo.

I agree that it makes no sense for the Cowboys to let him go.

franklin2323

Immortal

We have Kingston only maybe Burns. Kingston's very slow out of dummy half. Both are off contract end of next year. On $200k+ at 30 and 29 next year both could be out the door. We signed Brown as a backrower and need him to play there. So get Segeyaro and promote a hooker from within on minimum wage is the best option

typicalfan

Coach
It's been done, to death.

Cows would be mad if they let it happen though, losing The Seg to keep Grandpa Payne (with all due respect to him).
Sounds like the Cowboys are shuffling the deck. Maybe making a play for Ballin as the sole 80 minute hooker.

Didgi

Brett Finch signed sealed and delivered to Rabbitohs. One year contract, option for two in Souths favour.

#YouHeardItHereFirst

A South Sydney side playing in the same style as Wigan would be terrific for you guys. If Finch signs all you need is a massive winger who's a gun in the air and can kick goals from anywhere and the resemblance would be eerie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts