What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Is this like the last Bunniesman rumour where Justin Poore was going to Souths mid season, Shackleton to Manly and Jennings to the Eels?

M2D2

Bench
It wont be 800k. It will be closer to 600k. Which is still massive overs.
While you shouldnt believe what Eels fans say about the numbers. Souths fans wouldnt be far behind.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Who are we paying overs for?

Who are we? and if you are going to name names give me the proper amount not rumoured amount either......

Can't believe any figure in the paper apparently all of contract players are linked to the eels if we pay overs how come we don't end up with them all?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Who are we? and if you are going to name names give me the proper amount not rumoured amount either......

Can't believe any figure in the paper apparently all of contract players are linked to the eels if we pay overs how come we don't end up with them all?
Sandow and Hopoate.

BranVan3000

Coach

Lol of course you'll just dismissed every reported figure :roll:

BranVan3000

Coach
So which rumour do we accept as truth hmmmmmmm

On a side note I wouldn't have paid sandow 100k a year which i have been told is what we are paying him...
550k for Sandow has come from numerous sources

Same for 800k for Hopoate

Either way, anything close to that number if ridiculous for either

So unless you're paying about half of that, you're paying overs

boxhead

First Grade
The 550K figure was made up by Rusty trying to make it look like we paid massive overs to cover up their mistake of not re-signing him. At least, it was seen as a mistake at the time.

The media ran with the figure even though Eels officials were quoted as saying Sandow was on 400K to make it look like we paid overs and to put increased pressure on Sandow. The media loves to rub it in to Parra, the figure is there for idiots like Bunniesman to crow about.

I've seen nothing to suggest Hopoate is or is not on 800K, considering we have Hayne and Sandow both earning at least 400K, with players like Mannah, Allgood, Blair, Sio and so on receiving contract extensions, I'd assume that figure is wildly false.
Common sense is all that's needed to see that.

Frankly, Sandow was worth what we are likely paying him last year for his form. Now, he wouldn't even be worth half of that.
Hopefully we get a new coach in that can fix this craphole of a team.

Last edited:

Y2Eel

First Grade
550k for Sandow has come from numerous sources

Same for 800k for Hopoate

Either way, anything close to that number if ridiculous for either

So unless you're paying about half of that, you're paying overs

So Sandow for what 275 would be paying overs for last years form? Bet souths would have paid him more"......

And by the way one peron says 800k everyone is going to jump on it...

boxhead

First Grade
:lol: He's the first one to have mentioned it, then FoxSports commentators came out and said that was the figure because Rusty must have known the contract details, and the media took the obvious stick.

There is no proof of either of our opinions, and logic favors that Sandow is not being paid that figure.

In the end, it's a minor issue compared to his form.

BranVan3000

Coach
:lol: He's the first one to have mentioned it, then FoxSports commentators came out and said that was the figure because Rusty must have known the contract details, and the media took the obvious stick.

There is no proof of either of our opinions, and logic favors that Sandow is not being paid that figure.

In the end, it's a minor issue compared to his form.

Oh and what logic is that

boxhead

First Grade
The rest of the squad, and the fact that it was Rusty that said it. Also that Eels officials said the figure was incorrect.

The only "fact" is that Rusty said 550K, but there's enough doubt cast over it that in the absence of actual clarification it is more likely the figure is bollocks.
Also the thought that Rusty is a petulant moron.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Clarification? NOONE "clarifies" what players are on. Noone knows with 100% certainty.

Crowe would have known the offer he was competing against. It's common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts