What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didgi

Catalan have signed Leon Pryce, and still have Dureau (who is performing much better under Robinson) and Bosc, Carney wouldn't be going there.

BunniesMan

Immortal
All the signs seem to be pointing to him having an NRL club lined up waiting in the wings.

I don't think he and his manager would have asked for a release otherwise.

Word on the strasse is he already has a contract done and will be announced later in the year, leads me to believe the team is playing in the finals or there are issues to iron out.

Wherever he goes I wish him all the best.

proto

Juniors
Word on the strasse is he already has a contract done and will be announced later in the year, leads me to believe the team is playing in the finals or there are issues to iron out.

Wherever he goes I wish him all the best.

if this was true, im talking absolute throwing it out to the wind guess, it'd be

Broncos (lockyer gone) or Warriors (away from it all, fresh start etc crap)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Perhaps to the Warriors to get away from it. With Maloney getting an early release to return home with Cleary to Penrith.

Last edited:

Sugar

Bench
Todd Carney to Cowboys.
Todd Carney to Souths.
Todd Carney to Sharks.
Todd Carney to France.

That prompted speculation Carney would remain in the NRL, although a host of clubs last night distanced themselves from the 25-year-old. South Sydney, Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra, Brisbane, Melbourne, Cronulla, Penrith, Newcastle, the Warriors, Parramatta and Canterbury ruled out making a play for Carney.

"There is no chance," Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson said.

Penrith general manager of football Phil Gould added: "Our salary cap is full."

Don't be surprised if the Raiders make a move for him. Our chairman has come out on more than a few occasions declaring that they would have the door open for a Carney return some day down the track. To further emphasise this, according the Game Plan last night, Carney was at the Lighthouse, which is a pub in Canberra.

He states he is still very good mates with a lot of players eg. Dugan, Campese, Croker etc.

So just don't be shocked to see Todd Carney in green in season 2012.

betcats

Referee
Don't be surprised if the Raiders make a move for him. Our chairman has come out on more than a few occasions declaring that they would have the door open for a Carney return some day down the track. To further emphasise this, according the Game Plan last night, Carney was at the Lighthouse, which is a pub in Canberra.

He states he is still very good mates with a lot of players eg. Dugan, Campese, Croker etc.

So just don't be shocked to see Todd Carney in green in season 2012.
I heard he met up with the Canberra boys after your team presso.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
No one is going to confirm interest in him because it would put them at a disadvantage for negotiating.

I do find it hard to believe he'd ask to get out of his deal without some firm interest from someone though.

BranVan3000

Coach
I agree Melbourne might be a better environment for him

A strict coach, without the ridiculous scrutiny over every taxi ride he takes and every bar he walks past

Status
Not open for further replies.