What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

First Grade
I think Mason would be a great addition to any bench. He has alot to prove before he hangs the boots up, and he looked pretty good for the Cowboys.

Heard awhile back he had his manager approach the Dogs and Des is a fan, though apperently the board won't have a bar of him.
I really doubt that. If true, why didn't Manly approach him before he went o/s?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I think Mason would be a great addition to any bench. He has alot to prove before he hangs the boots up, and he looked pretty good for the Cowboys.

Heard awhile back he had his manager approach the Dogs and Des is a fan, though apperently the board won't have a bar of him.
He was solid at the cowboys, that's it. Done nothing while playing Union.

I wouldn't go near him.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Didn't watch him in union, didn't expect much from him in union.

Solid for 100k a year so would be ok for the bench surely?
He could be decent for about that, maybe. Not sure what the Eels stocks are in terms of juniors though, but I would be pretty annoyed if he was being picked ahead of a promising junior. I personally wouldn't sign him, but I could understand a club getting him for minimum wage if they wanted more depth in their pack.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I'd love for my club to take a shot at Mason on the right money. He's not worth $400k+ or anywhere near it these days, but if you could pick him up for $100k or less he would be well worth the money IMO. He's still a solid first grader and under the right coach might even be more then that.

Worst case scenario he just ends up being used for depth. Best case scenario you have a former rep player boosting your full strength side for next to nothing.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I really doubt that. If true, why didn't Manly approach him before he went o/s?

Common sense would say that Manly already had Tony Willaims off the bench with Stewart, Watmough and Galavaou or Rodney in the pack.

Kite, King, Rose plus blokes like Burher, Robinson, Mauro, Lussick coming through. Safe to say they figured their already stretched to the limit cap would be better off losing a few and extending blokes like T-Rex, Burher etc like they have.

That being said most clubs would have some room to move, Manly aren't most clubs. Further more Mason would surely force his way into any bench at worst, however would you want to possible lose Tony Williams or Burher or Lussick for a year or 2 out of Mason.

No way.

As I said anyway, despite Des being a fan, the board isn't and won't allow it from what i've heard.

Ozzy

First Grade
Common sense would say that Manly already had Tony Willaims off the bench with Stewart, Watmough and Galavaou or Rodney in the pack.

Kite, King, Rose plus blokes like Burher, Robinson, Mauro, Lussick coming through. Safe to say they figured their already stretched to the limit cap would be better off losing a few and extending blokes like T-Rex, Burher etc like they have.

That being said most clubs would have some room to move, Manly aren't most clubs. Further more Mason would surely force his way into any bench at worst, however would you want to possible lose Tony Williams or Burher or Lussick for a year or 2 out of Mason.

No way.

As I said anyway, despite Des being a fan, the board isn't and won't allow it from what i've heard.
Yeah thats why none of the clubs wanted him and the Cowboys were the last resort for him.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Yeah thats why none of the clubs wanted him and the Cowboys were the last resort for him.

Noone wanted him because he shat on the Dogs, went to the roosters played like shit to fit in with the club, went to Cowboys played pretty well.

Based on his preformance at the Cowboys he would force his way into any teams bench, and even some starting squads.

He isn't the player he was with the Dogs, he isn't going to be paid anywhere near that either.

If he could be picked up for 100k or so he would be a great addition to any club.

From what i understand he wants to be in sydney, so it may be why its hard for him especially seeing the Dogs & Roosters won't go near him. Rabbitohs wouldn't have a cent to spend nor would Manly, Eels possible, Sharks.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I would think after the Carl Webb experiment last year that the club would have learned something. Although Maitua doing well probably clouded their judgement.

Hopefully he's playing for peanuts if so.

MatthewA

Juniors
DoggiesBro, can't reply to your visitor message mate. Will get into strife. But the answer to your question is either a) Peanuts, b) Koala, c) End of the month, or d) The Moon

:D :D

DoggiesBro

Juniors
DoggiesBro, can't reply to your visitor message mate. Will get into strife. But the answer to your question is either a) Peanuts, b) Koala, c) End of the month, or d) The Moon

:D :D

Can i have peanuts on the moon with a koala at the end of the month please?

Charlie124

First Grade

Not true, Newcastle were chasing him just as hard as the Cows were and he eventually decided to head north. Say what you like about the man but I cant fault the season he put in for us, when the rest of our lazy-ass team was turning up and getting lapped, he was one of very few shining lights. For the right price, he could be a great buy for some club.

Status
Not open for further replies.