What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutty1986

Immortal
It's not even his defense, it's his game. He's not a playmaker, he excels in the open field as a support player. He's tough and I guess Laurie Daley would love him for it, but he's not what NSW need. They need guys who are dangerous with the ball in hand in their spine, which is not Reynolds.

I know the NSW halves situation is pretty dire at the moment but Josh Reynolds won't finally win us a series. FMD, I'm sick of grubs being called "tough"

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Warriors also looking at Harrison,

If true, it's another example of our club signing a player because he is available - not because it's a position we need personnel in. I'll list our second-row options off the top of my head...Mannering, Mateo, Taylor, Henry, Lowrie, Ikahihifo, Palavi. An eighth is not needed.

We need outside backs. Someone start giving me better rumours than Carmont (even though I'm happy with him as depth)

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
If true, it's another example of our club signing a player because he is available - not because it's a position we need personnel in. I'll list our second-row options off the top of my head...Mannering, Mateo, Taylor, Henry, Lowrie, Ikahihifo, Palavi. An eighth is not needed.

We need outside backs. Someone start giving me better rumours than Carmont (even though I'm happy with him as depth)

Yeah but penrose .... one of the issues was they didnt have enough experience - on and off the field.. Harrison would have 150+ NRL games and at least 10 tests.

Interchange Harrison with Mateo could work well.

Mannering, Mateo, Harrison, Lowrie, Taylor would be actively competing for spots in the 17s

Also, so close to the season they could get him at a good price and get canberra to cover a big portion of the contract.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
True. How's his form been? Not all that magnificent if he's being linked with a move across to us, I guess.

My point was more that the club have invested in all those names I mentioned. To sign another one would be to suggest they now don't have faith in the Taylors, the Henrys etc.

Harrisons form has dropped off considerably since 2010. He also spent most of this year injured.

He might go well with a change of scenery.

He still has 2 years left on his contract but Id imagine its a decent contract especially when he is now down the pecking order of backrowers at the club.

Amongst Raiders fans Bronson Harrison turned into one of the most loved recruits we'd ever had, to one of the most despised players in the club's history, within the space of 2 years.

Many of us believe he suffered from "contract-itus" where he played exceptionally well for 1-2 years (including the 2010 semi vs. the Tigers where he was absolutely epic), and as soon as he signed a very lucrative extension, he turned to complete rubbish. His defense was abominable, someone with that much talent just can't forget how to tackle, his effort (or lack thereof) was very noticeable.

I agree that he could do well with a change of scenery but many Raiders fans will be cheering when he signs with someone else.

gronkathon

First Grade
Members SMS says Mick Potter to Wests Tigers as NRL coach on a 2 year deal.

Put it in Confirmed thread but the sms is not a valid quotable source (fair enough) so I though to re-post it here

Evil Homer

Staff member
Rangi Chase confirmed at Castleford for next year, rumours were that he was going to the Dragons.

BranVan3000

Coach

Paul Hewson

Juniors
True enough. He was training with Souths players and support staff today at Coogee so it's firmed up a bit

Probably won't ever make first grade given his history but if he can stay injury free and play with Norths for a year he might make a solid player with the potential he had (though I imagine a fair bit of that is gone)

Spoke to Mark Hughes today. Said that Greg has been signed for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts