What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
I actually like Matt Elliott as a coach and a bloke.

He's a funny bastard.

With that said:

Nathan Smith, Nigel Plum > Warriors.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
He didnt die, he did have a heart problem and I think possibly retired. It was a potentially life threatening issue if I recall correctly, so I dont imagine he'll ever see action in the NRL again.

Iafeta

Referee
The Warriors will be signing players, Scurrah/Elliott have said that on radiosport this morning. A ring-in caller asked Elliott if the names Trent Hodkinson and Blake Ayshford were players of interest, Elliott's response was getting warmer. They asked him about Jennings, he said if he was available he'd be interested. I'd doubt the likes of Jennings would want to go to NZ, and I'm not sure what Elliott's relationship with him was like.

Charlie124

First Grade
Craig Bellamy =====> Cowboys or Dragons...

North Queensland and St George Illawarra are also chasing Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy's signature.

THE battle for Craig Bellamy is far from over.

Negotiations are about to be ramped up, with St George Illawarra and North Queensland locked in a tug of war for the premiership-winning coach as the battle extends across three states.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal both the Dragons and Cowboys have joined Melbourne in making Bellamy their No. 1 target for 2014.

Bellamy is contracted to the Storm until the end of 2013 and is eager to make a call on his next coaching job before the start of the new season.

Chief executive Ron Gauci and the Melbourne board remain determined to see Bellamy finish his career at the club he first began coaching in 2003.

"Craig is committed to us for 2013 and we'll be doing everything we can within our budget to keep Craig at the club for the many years beyond," Gauci said.
Start of sidebar.

But the Storm camp are aware of the interest from the Dragons and Cowboys, who can pull together the $1 million a season required to lure Bellamy north.

"Sure, we know that any coach of Craig's standing would be of appeal to any club," Gauci said.

"What Craig has been able to do at the club over the last two years has been inspirational. But we know what Craig thinks of Melbourne and he knows what we think of him, which is the highest of regard."

The Dragons and North Queensland face tough decisions on respective coaches, Steve Price and Neil Henry, both of whom are off-contract at the end of next season.

Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain refused to upset the apple cart by publicly admitting an interest in Bellamy despite The Sunday Telegraph's information that the Storm coach is well aware of the Cowboys' desire to snare him.

Jourdain said the club's primary focus was on retaining Test stars Johnathan Thurston, Matt Scott, James Tamou, Brent Tate and Matt Bowen, all of whom are off contract at the end of 2013.

"We've had no conversation about (Bellamy) internally," Jourdain said.

"We've got four or five players that we need to sort out first before we discuss Neil's future. Neil is here next year and that's what we're focused on."

This is not the first time the future of Price and Henry has come into question, with Ricky Stuart linked to both clubs before joining Parramatta.

Faced with the unenviable task of taking over from Wayne Bennett, Price struggled in his rookie year with a Dragons team largely unchanged from the title-winning side of 2010.

And it's not about to get easier for Price following the retirement of experienced leaders Ben Hornby and Dean Young, while Matt Cooper is looking at the final year of his career. They have also been relatively quiet on the recruitment front.

Dragons CEO Peter Doust refused to return The Sunday Telegraph's calls.

Bellamy and Storm football manager Frank Ponissi leave for Europe today to visit leading European soccer and rugby clubs

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...6495019300?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+bi_rss

nrlnrl

First Grade
Bryson Goodwin to Souths

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...sydney-rabbitohs/story-e6frexnr-1226495017262

BRYSON Goodwin's luck has finally turned.

After months of soul searching, the goalkicking winger was last week thrown a lifeline by South Sydney.

Goodwin ruptured his spleen mid-season, effectively costing him a grand final place with the Bulldogs. He was told by the club he was surplus to requirements next season.

The son of former international Ted Goodwin will ink a deal with the Rabbitohs when he returns from an end-of-season trip to the US. "It is good to finally have it all sorted," Goodwin said. "It took a while, but I am excited to be going to such a good club."

It is a good end to a horror season for Goodwin, who feared he would never play again after rupturing his spleen against the Sharks on May 21. Goodwin spent seven nights in hospital and 10 weeks on the sidelines before making his return for the Bulldogs in the NSW Cup.

"To be honest, when I was lying in hospital, I was in a heap of pain and I wasn't even thinking about playing," Goodwin said. "I was just thinking about getting out of that bed and trying to get healthy again. I was waking up in the middle of the night in agony and I was taking painkillers to sleep."

Goodwin could not force his way back into the NRL after the Bulldogs signed Krisnan Inu and Sam Perrett mid-year. He impressed in his appearances in NSW Cup, with the reserve-grade Bulldogs knocked out in the second week of the finals.

The Rabbitohs, who lost to the Bulldogs in the preliminary final, see Goodwin as an experienced back-up to a young backline featuring the likes of Justin Hunt and Andrew Everingham.

The Joker

Juniors
They may as well have kept Talanoa and saved time drawing up the contract. They cancel eachother out

Bench
Are you serious,wow that is desperation.He wasnt any good before he went to uk I would hate to think what hes like now.
He starred over in the ESL,became a club legend,so he might be OK.
Played 94 games for Wigan and scored 41 tries,plus 83 games and 33 tries for Newcastle

Last edited:
Thoroughly underrated player is George Carmont. A late bloomer who could have easily played an extra 100 games of NRL under different circumstances. If you threw him back into FG now I wouldn't be surprised if he handled it perfectly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts