What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
I'm an Eels fan,.. And a big fan of Foz...

But I worry about him going to the Eels... I don't know if the situation is the right one for him to thrive in.

He's a very tough player who leads your football team well... But I dot know if he's the type of guy to run a teams attack through... He needs a halfback next to him the compliments him,

DCE compliments him, so does Shaun Johnson.... I don't know if Sandow does that...

Ohh well.... Whatever happens you know he will put in 100% wherever he goes....

Kiwi

First Grade
Parra hasn't won a comp since 1986, that hardly qualifies at beating us at our own game -- compared to 1987,1996,2008,2011 -

poor little Manwy fan, rocky roads ahead sunshine keep living in the past, can see the Eels winning a comp soon, Manwy not so much with their old stars and the ones that aren't old have either left the building or are about to.

Noise

Coach
Will Hopoate, Darcy Lussick, Anthony Watmough, Joey Lussick and Jamil Hopoate all say hi.

So that is 3 players who have played first grade we have bought (and Jamil is back at Manly, we let the shit stain go) compared to the 8 juniors who are at manly who have played first grade before:

lyon, mateo, blair, tafua, wolfman, burher, horo & williame

nomis88

Juniors
We bought Lyon from UK, Mateo from NZ and Blair and Horo were basically unwanted. Keep dreaming - you may jag another premiership eventually.

Kiwi

First Grade
We bought Lyon from UK, Mateo from NZ and Blair and Horo were basically unwanted. Keep dreaming - you may jag another premiership eventually.

Well before Manwy the way players are leaving the sinking ship... maybe Toovey can turn beetroot red and call for an investigation

858365-geoff-toovey.jpg

Kiwi

First Grade
Great pickup for the Eels.

Very much so, all they need now is for Sandow to keep getting more consistent or to find another decent halfback, but even with Sandow at 6 they have a decent spine. Norman could go alright in the 1 again with a decent player like Foran in the halves and the pressure off him. So not only could this be a great signing for the Eels, but for Norman and his career as well.

Sleep

Juniors
If true then Manly should let him go a year early so they can blood a young half.

So toss away a season they're going to be contending in all because they're five years old and spilt some milk?

That's such an awful attitude to have. Play it out and then move on. It's a business. When the front office cuts a player lose that's the first line they trot out. As soon as a player moves on of his own free will it's all personal and they've been betrayed.

Can't have it both ways. If the Manly administration wants someone to blame they need to take a look in the mirror. They've been a f**king disaster and distraction to the players for years now.

ek999

First Grade
whall is a Parra fan...

But Manly fans are in complete meltdown on another forum, quite entertaining to read really.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
So that is 3 players who have played first grade we have bought (and Jamil is back at Manly, we let the shit stain go) compared to the 8 juniors who are at manly who have played first grade before:

lyon, mateo, blair, tafua, wolfman, burher, horo & williame

Not currently there but you can also include Tony Williams.

Kiwi

First Grade
Hopoate/Hayne
Foran
Sandow
Peats

That's a premiership winning spine

As much as I have bagged Norman in the past for his inconsistency, I think having Norman in the 1 and Hopoate in the centres is their best option. Norman goes pretty well when he is not the go to guy for organising the team and can just inject himself from fullback as he pleases. Having Foran in the side IMHO will bring out the best in Norman and Sandow on a more consistent basis.

Kiwi

First Grade
Also lets not forget that Manly have won a lot on the back of players that started their careers at other clubs, hell even "Manly" greats like Cliff Lyons, Bob Fulton, Spud Carroll, Terry Hill, Paul Vautin, Michael OÇonnor, Des Hasler, John O'Neill, and Ken Irvine were all poached from other clubs. So sorry Manly but zero sympathy here.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Also lets not forget that Manly have won a lot on the back of players that started their careers at other clubs, hell even "Manly" greats like Cliff Lyons, Bob Fulton, Spud Carroll, Terry Hill, Paul Vautin, Michael OÇonnor, Des Hasler, John O'Neill, and Ken Irvine were all poached from other clubs. So sorry Manly but zero sympathy here.

Thanks. We'll struggle on without it.

Hopoate/Hayne
Foran
Sandow
Peats

That's a premiership winning spine

Might want to take Hopoate out of there. He won't be an Eel in 2016. And Hayne won't be heading back there either.

Johnny88

Juniors
I think this shows that Toovey aint getting along with certain players, If they offered G Stewart a contract than I don't think either of them would leave.

The Colonel

Immortal

Are you going to tell us the story, if Foran does sign, that he is really just crap or washed up and over the hill and didn't really want him anyway.

Manly are the KINGS of trying to buy premierships. Go have a f**king cry....

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
As much as I have bagged Norman in the past for his inconsistency, I think having Norman in the 1 and Hopoate in the centres is their best option. Norman goes pretty well when he is not the go to guy for organising the team and can just inject himself from fullback as he pleases. Having Foran in the side IMHO will bring out the best in Norman and Sandow on a more consistent basis.

Agree. Under a coach like Arthur Norman could really thrive at fullback especially with a more controlling player like Foran.

In the nines he did very well and looked like he has shaken his niggling injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.