What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
They aren't pushing any agenda. They have just assured DCE that if he signs there will be no risk that he won't be paid the full amount of his contract. They aren't giving them a higher salary cap or anything like that.

The fact is Manly have two of the best halves in the comp both coming off contract at the same time when there is so few good halves actually available. Now, they simply don't have the salary cap space to keep both whilst also keeping others like Stewart, Lyon and Ballin. It happens to every club that has had success. Whoever was CEO at their club at the time though was an idiot who should have structured their deals so they didn't both end in the same year which was always going to make it impossible to keep both DCE and Foran.

POPEYE

Coach
Reads very definite.

Always a shame when another one club player bites the dust, the only consolation is money may not be the deciding factor. When I used to watch that fabulous referee Greg Hartley put on a command performance in Seagle/Eel games never did I think the day would come . . . the sheila that jumped the fence will be wishing she was young enough to do it again

Noise

Coach
If only Parra could produce it's own juniors and stop continuously pillaging Manly juniors.

Not sure if your taking the piss....

Lyon
Mateo
Horo
Burher
Wolfman
Jorge Tafua
Brayden Williame

all Parra juniors playing for manly

george

Juniors
Hahsha Nomis Nob ... Lyon , Buhlrer , Williams , horo , hodgekinson ... All parra juniors pillaged by Manly

Nice seeing it reversed !!!!

Ps didn't realize NZ was in Manly

BranVan3000

Coach
I have no problem with Parra pillaging Manly. It's well overdue karma for how Manly stole the stars of other clubs many years ago

Kiwi

First Grade
Ouch so it's more and more likely Manly will lose both DCE and Foran, tough times ahead for them if it ends up being so.

Noname36

First Grade
If true Manly are pretty f**ked. Even if they do manage to re-sign DCE the rest of the squad (who don't like him much to begin with) and the fans have seen him parading around the other clubs. They're gonna know he wasn't 100% committed to the club.

george

Juniors
Let's look at it another way .. At least DCE is being upfront and doing his due diligence in assessing his market worth

It's not ideal from a fans perspective but at least it's upfront , honest and everyone knows what's going on without all the innuendo and rumours

I love the fact the eels may get Foran we're buying a leader more than a player and I think wherever DCE goes thst club will get a great player, role model and professional

Kiwi

First Grade
There isn't much they can replace them with either, Manly could have ordinary halves in 2016 till decent halves come off contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts