What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick87

Coach
There was an article in the paper about him in pre season. Always smashes the pre season fitness tests etc but apparently he has a degenerative knee condition that is going to make a career as a hooker almost impossible.

I hope he gets the chance to go there and prove himself, he's a very good young kid, loads of talent but the injury might explain why he's not kicked on.

nick87

Coach
That'd make sense, given the Panthers suddenly came to the table with an upgraded offer for Mansour.

Big Mick

Referee
That'd make sense, given the Panthers suddenly came to the table with an upgraded offer for Mansour.

Wasn't that upgraded. Bridged the gap around $50k. Still around $100k difference between offers.

If Idris is officially gone and "Retires"....we'll probably keep the money up the sleeve to retain kids coming through.

jason taylor

Bench
There was an article in the paper about him in pre season. Always smashes the pre season fitness tests etc but apparently he has a degenerative knee condition that is going to make a career as a hooker almost impossible.

I hope he gets the chance to go there and prove himself, he's a very good young kid, loads of talent but the injury might explain why he's not kicked on.

Sounds like Tony Caine.

nick87

Coach
Wasn't that upgraded. Bridged the gap around $50k. Still around $100k difference between offers.

If Idris is officially gone and "Retires"....we'll probably keep the money up the sleeve to retain kids coming through.

Yeah, i didn't mean to imply that there was a huge difference, just that perhaps the events of this week suddnely meant that:

a) there is more salary cap available then previously expected
b) there is a bit more of a need in the outside backs that previously expected.

whether it was $2, $50k or $200,000k... it seems after this Idris thing, the Panthers came back to Mansour with an updated, upgraded offer and what ever it was, it was enough to make him stay and knock back the bigger offer down in Canberra

betcats

Referee
Yeah he said its about being close to family and he feels that Penrith will be one of the strongest NRL clubs soon and wants to be a part of that and also wanted to show some loyalty to the club that gave him his chance.

That was from a DT article this morning.

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah, i didn't mean to imply that there was a huge difference, just that perhaps the events of this week suddnely meant that:

a) there is more salary cap available then previously expected
b) there is a bit more of a need in the outside backs that previously expected.

whether it was $2, $50k or $200,000k... it seems after this Idris thing, the Panthers came back to Mansour with an updated, upgraded offer and what ever it was, it was enough to make him stay and knock back the bigger offer down in Canberra

100%.

I wonder at what stage Canberra will need concessions from the NRL for living away from Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane.

Then again how could you equitably do that....cause you'd have to give it to Nth Qld too.

But feel sorry for Raider fans atm though. Don't deserve this.

ek999

First Grade
100%.

I wonder at what stage Canberra will need concessions from the NRL for living away from Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane.

Then again how could you equitably do that....cause you'd have to give it to Nth Qld too.

I don't think concessions would do anything. They are already throwing massive amounts at these players, they just don't want to play there for whatever reason.

nick87

Coach
100%.

We need junior concessions to even the playing feild, we cant compete when Third Party agreements come into play, because there is just no commercial $$ in this large country town.

Until that happens, the raiders will just be dying a slow death, and the AFL will continue to slowly over-take the Riverina.

chrisD

Coach
I don't think concessions would do anything. They are already throwing massive amounts at these players, they just don't want to play there for whatever reason.

Because Stuart.

And to play hypotheticals, what's the chance Tedesco has a "change coach and I get to leave" clause every contract seems to have these days? Such a clause may wind up being more beneficial for Stuart than Tedesco.

Bench
Because Stuart.

And to play hypotheticals, what's the chance Tedesco has a "change coach and I get to leave" clause every contract seems to have these days? Such a clause may wind up being more beneficial for Stuart than Tedesco.

This is the main reason I beleive,Teddy is the only one who took the bait,wonder how he is feeling now.

mxlegend99

Referee
This is the main reason I beleive,Teddy is the only one who took the bait,wonder how he is feeling now.

I'm betting he feels great. He's among the highest paid fullbacks in the game and has only played 20 odd games. He's set for life.

There is some talk that the Bronco's deal with Milford could be on shaky ground due to this salary cap drama. Is it possible that he may stay?

The raiders should certainly still be able to afford him.

1. Tedesco
6. Milford

Would be interesting.

You'd have to think that if he were to become available again, a team like the Dogs would throw a bit at him.

ek999

First Grade
There is some talk that the Bronco's deal with Milford could be on shaky ground due to this salary cap drama. Is it possible that he may stay?

1. Tedesco
6. Milford

Would be interesting.

You'd have to think that if he were to become available again, a team like the Dogs would throw a bit at him.

Yep, that Fifita money is still waiting to be spent

Bulldog Force

Referee

1. Tedesco
6. Milford

Would be interesting.

Personally I want him to go to the Broncos so we sign Hoffman. Broncos might get Hunt meaning that Hoffmans 2 preferred positions, 1 & 6, will be taken. I don't want Milford... another Barba compassionate grounds release fiasco!

Status
Not open for further replies.