What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
You watched any Broncos games this year? Better off keeping Perrett at fullback

natheel

Coach
I don't think concessions would do anything. They are already throwing massive amounts at these players, they just don't want to play there for whatever reason.

1. Its in Canberra
2. Stuart hasn't got exactly the best argument to lure young players down apart from $$$
3. They're going backwards not forward

Doomednow

Bench
If North Queensland can pull off the regional centre team thing then I don't see why Canberra can't. It's only 2 and a half hours from Sydney. We used to drive down on Friday nights after work and be in the pub by 9.30 (had a mate studying down there), and that was with traffic and other dicking around.

NQ has better weather (although maybe too hot for some), Johnathan Thurston, and a coach who doesn't suck as hard as Sticky, but Canberra's got a history and a solid junior system. There's no reason they can't be successful again, they've just made a bunch of consecutive poor decisions over a long time. Club needs a clean out, some competent management and a serious attempt at rebuilding.

People were saying similar shit about Penrith only a couple of years ago, and now we've resigned the statistically top winger in the comp on a lower value contract. It's not all doom and gloom for Canberra if the club is prepared to turn itself around.

ek999

First Grade
I don't thinnk so. Perrett didn't have a passing game either at the start of the year but he has worked hard and now, even though it isn't best, he is decent

Bulldog Force

Referee
Has Hoffman ever passed the ball?? I swear he just runs or kicks.

Hoffmans preferred position is fullback, which doesn't require passing as much as a five-eighth. Did you guys see him at the Broncos last year when he was fullback? He was blossoming in what was otherwise a very ordinary team!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Hoffmans preferred position is fullback, which doesn't require passing as much as a five-eighth. Did you guys see him at the Broncos last year when he was fullback? He was blossoming in what was otherwise a very ordinary team!

You must be watching a different Hoffman to me then. I saw one that looked like a decent winger playing fullback.

betcats

Referee

He is a talented ball runner with some good footwork, he should be nowhere near the halves imo, i've seen him butcher more then one this season simply by not letting go of the ball.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
He is a talented ball runner with some good footwork, he should be nowhere near the halves imo, i've seen him butcher more then one this season simply by not letting go of the ball.

pearce was tutoring him over the off season

Kiwi

First Grade
There is some talk that the Bronco's deal with Milford could be on shaky ground due to this salary cap drama. Is it possible that he may stay?

The raiders should certainly still be able to afford him.

1. Tedesco
6. Milford

Would be interesting.

You'd have to think that if he were to become available again, a team like the Dogs would throw a bit at him.

Here we go again, seriously it's getting a bit old. I can't wait for the end of this round and the end of the year when Milford starts training in Broncos colours to shut all this crap down once and for all. It seems to start up with in a week or two of it getting shut down.

Kiwi

First Grade

He butchers atleast 1 a game, generally 2 or more. In the loss to the titans it was something ridiculous like 3 clear over laps on the line he butchered. His inept passing has cost us games. And don't get me started on the clean break made and he couldn't even pass it on the inside cleanly throwing an inside pass an under 10's front rower would be ashamed of.

Hoffman is a great winger, he is a finisher, not a creator and the fact that he can't pass and 99/100 he doesn't as soon as he gets the ball you don't have to worry about much other than tackling him.

If the bulldogs want him I hope they get him I really do.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
Gee's guys... I'm talking about Hoffman the fullback, not halfback!

Dogs have a decent fullback coming through anyway don't they? Brendan Cox or Tyrone Phillips? I would imagine Hoffman would be warming the spot for one of them anyway. On his day at the back Hoffman is great, but those days are few and far between, all it takes is for someone to hit him hard once and he crumbles for a few weeks. Even Hoffman the fullback is greedy and kills the attack when he chimes in. He either scores or dies with the ball as a general rule, even when in the 1.

eozsmiles

Bench
This is the main reason I beleive,Teddy is the only one who took the bait,wonder how he is feeling now.

I don't know how he will sleep at night. Probably on a big pile of money in a free apartment and surrounded by beautiful women.

Status
Not open for further replies.