What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damon Goolagong

Wyong Roos -> South Sydney under 20's effective immediately.

Nephew of Yvonne Goolagong and apparently quite a talent. 18 years old and is already playing NSW Cup for Wyong. Plays centre or wing. Remains to be seen if he will stay in the NYC or end up going straight through to the Bears.

natheel

Coach
Option A:
Keep two 30yr old injury prone backs who, while good clubmen, are definitely past thier prime.

Option B:
Keep a guy who at the age of 25 has already represented Australia and QLD, won a Clive Churchill medal and been a bees dick away from a Dally M to go with it. A guy who plays in the most important position on the field and would be impossible to replace.

hmmm decisions decisions....

Option B keep a guy that is the rumoured problem within the manly club...

Charlie124

First Grade
1. Its a rumour which they've all denied.
2. They're coming first and are favourites to win the comp, so either theres no problem or its not causing any issues.
3. Yes, absolutely keep the most important player in the team, even if there is a problem. Shoulders Matai and Crosseyes Stewart are easily replaceable. DCE is far from it.

If it came down to it (which i dont think it will), theres only one decision to make. See ya Brett and Steve - thanks for the memories.

2. They're coming first and are favourites to win the comp, so either theres no problem or its not causing any issues.
3. Yes, absolutely keep the most important player in the team, even if there is a problem. Shoulders Matai and Crosseyes Stewart are easily replaceable. DCE is far from it.

If it came down to it (which i dont think it will), theres only one decision to make. See ya Brett and Steve - thanks for the memories.

DCE has probably 10 - 15 years of good footy left in him and is the type of half you can build a team around.

Stewart and Matai are both approaching their used by date and will need to be replaced in two or three years anyway.

Unfortunately you need to be ruthless in recruitment from time to time. If you try to keep everyone happy and hang on to all your "legends" you basically end up like the Dragons post 2010.

Charlie124

First Grade
10 to 15 years might be stretching it as he's 25 now, but i agree with your point. If it came down to making a decision which i still dont think it will, it would be a no-brainer.

natheel

Coach

Absolutely its a no brainer but you never know what manly will do because isn't Foran part of that pact as well?

eozsmiles

Bench
Absolutely its a no brainer but you never know what manly will do because isn't Foran part of that pact as well?

What pact? The Stewart bros have said that their pact was something they spoke of when they were 20, not 30. I'm not sure how valid the pact is now, or if others were invited into it. At the end of the day, we know that most players will make their career decisions based on money and opportunity.

If the pact was that the brothers wouldn't play against each other, then Glen would have retired or gone to England when Manly cut him, wouldn't he?

eozsmiles

Bench
if this rift at manly is true then Manly will have a big decision to make in regards to keep those players like Matai and Stewart etc happy or keep DCE on big money

The cap goes up in 2016 plus player concession for long term players i.e. Hayne for parra so thats how eels could afford both possibly (if DCE was to go to eels) i think he will stay but he will be signed for quite a bit and manly will lose players in the process

Manly would have close to the most players eligible for the long term concession. That's the reason for the "rift", they've all been there 10-12 years and don't want to split. Even DCE has been there 8 years by then and qualifies for a concession.

Some reports say that his partner is a Sydney local with no plans on leaving. That cuts half the comp out from making an offer if true. Roosters, Souths, Tigers, and Dogs are probably sorted. That leaves Manly, Parra, Saints, Sharks, and Penrith.......I reckon the offer will have to be big for him to leave!

Timbo

Staff member
Chris Garry, one of the league journos at the Courier Mail, just tweeted that Boyd is likely ending up in Canberra.

I'll believe it when I see him in lime green though.

stormbati

Bench
Chris Garry, one of the league journos at the Courier Mail, just tweeted that Boyd is likely ending up in Canberra.

I'll believe it when I see him in lime green though.

1. Boyd
2. Waqa
3. Croker
4. Wighton ??
5. Lee

Not bad

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Storm losing alot of depth with little to no incoming replacements.

Hoffman, Waqa, Garbutt, Glasby, Roberts, Moors, Lodge, Petterson-Robati and Walker.

Assuming Rose and Romelo are also on the way out?

stormbati

Bench
Storm losing alot of depth with little to no incoming replacements.

Hoffman, Waqa, Garbutt, Glasby, Roberts, Moors, Lodge, Petterson-Robati and Walker.

Assuming Rose and Romelo are also on the way out?

Maybe Ben Teo or maybe those Karmichael rumour might have some truth to it but definitely looks like they're doing a little clean out.

Timbo

Staff member
Jeremy Smith just re-tweeted the Boyd to Canberra (if he leaves Newcastle) rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts