What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Deadset, Barba is fast becoming the most overated player in the NRL. He won't carry a teamto the finals. He won't make shit halves look good. He will thrive in a team where the halves play to his strengths, and plays are built around him. It is yet to be seen if he can play consistently good footy in the NRL. So far he has o e great season and has been average with glimpses of promise in his other years.

no name

Coach
Meh our 6 might be a problem for this year, but not 2015 which is what I was discussing with RWB. Plus we have Barba, the Bulldogs made it to the Grand Final with shit halves on the back of Barba, and only looked good when he was on the field last year with shit halves.

Plus a shit hot forward pack and a great game plan.
Can't see Griffin devising a game plan that can catch teams out like the Dogs had in '12.

POPEYE

Coach
Barba's '12 is still nothing more than Hayne's '9 . . . being deprived of the ball as an excuse is the last obstacle they need overcome to step up

Billythekid

First Grade
The dogs were lead by their forward pack. Hayne was far more influential to the eels in 09 than Barba was for the dogs in 12 imo.

Kiwi

First Grade
Lol barba is not the be all and end all. I was shit stirring the person I replied to. Barba certainly adds to our attack, as will having hunt at 7 and with milford joining the club. I like where the club is heading and that is away from pass it to hodges. We'll have more options. I think griffins biggest problem is he is trying to be structured with attack. That's not the way he coached the under 20's side in that first year, or other sides he has coached. Hopefully the real griffin will stand up.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Barba's 12 was season long. Hayne's 9 burned brighter but shorter.

Nope - reason Hayne didn't "shine" all season long is because Anderson made him play several different positions that were new to him before putting him at fullback.

And it's typical to claim he does nothing without the ball - wrong, but typical.

I see it's easy to dislike Hayne, but he is a star of the code.

POPEYE

Coach
Hayne is among a multitude of very good players, if he is given the ball the chances are he will do something extraordinary with it. A great player will give the bloke with the ball no choice but to give it to him.

Hayne will put himself in that enviable position infinitely more if he plays centre

nrlnrl

First Grade
sorry if this is OT, but couldn't find a rumoured signings thread

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...brisbane-broncos/story-e6frf3pc-1226828126702

Josh Hoffman has submitted a fresh request to leave the Brisbane Broncos
Peter Badel The Sunday Mail (Qld) February 15, 2014 10:00PM\

JOSH Hoffman’s career at Brisbane has reached crisis point with the Kiwi Test star submitting a fresh request for an immediate release from the Broncos. And Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle yesterday revealed Canterbury remain “very interested” in Hoffman as coach Des Hasler ramps up his pursuit of the disgruntled Bronco. The Sunday Mail can reveal Hoffman has formally asked for permission to leave Brisbane after a tense exchange with coach Anthony Griffin just after Christmas. But Broncos hierarchy are playing hardball, with Brisbane boss Paul White insisting Hoffman will remain at Red Hill despite Canterbury’s willingness to broker a release.

The Bulldogs facilitated Ben Barba’s seamless transition to the Broncos by accepting a transfer fee last August and Canterbury were hoping Brisbane would reciprocate by releasing Hoffman. But with the Broncos digging their heels in, Hoffman faces the prospect of seeing out his current deal, which expires at the end of 2015. Relations soured over summer when Broncos officialdom witnessed photos of Hoffman posing with New Zealand’s contingent of Canterbury stars during the World Cup in November.

Griffin was understandably miffed and phoned Hoffman to discuss several matters, including his close alignment to Bulldogs players. It is understood Hoffman was left shaken by the conversation. When he returned for pre-season, Hoffman met Griffin face-to-face and asked him for a release. His manager Paul Hogan has since re-iterated that stance, conveying Hoffman’s grievances to White. Sources claim Griffin told Hoffman he was keen for him to stay, but wouldn’t stand in his way if White and Castle could thrash out a severance package.

Desperate for a fullback, the Bulldogs are ready to formally table a multi-year deal, but the Broncos are determined for Hoffman to honour his contract. Hoffman turned out at the NRL Nines yesterday and has maintained a professional attitude at training, but privately believes he needs a fresh start at the Bulldogs. Hogan declined to comment yesterday, saying he had agreed not to discuss Hoffman’s situation publicly after meeting with Broncos management.

Castle said the Bulldogs have not given up hope of securing Hoffman should the Broncos relax their stance with the 25-year-old. “We are obviously in need of a fullback and we rate Josh very highly,” she said. “We would be very interested in him, but he has a contract and we have always been respectful of that process. “I don’t think it (Hoffman joining the Bulldogs) is going to happen in the short-term so I think there are still some hurdles to get through. The Bulldogs have a good relationship with the Broncos and if their circumstances change, then we would certainly come to an arrangement with the Broncos. We would have a strong interest in Josh continuing his career at the Bulldogs.”

Brisbane operations chief Andrew Gee says Hoffman has not asked for a release and has a harmonious working relationship with Griffin. Josh is happy here,” Gee said. “There is no issue with Anthony Griffin. Anyone who has seen Josh train over the pre-season will tell you he’s in a good headspace.”

White said he is determined for the Mackay product to succeed at the Broncos. The first serious ruction came last March, when Hoffman was shifted to the wing to accommodate Corey Norman, who has since joined Parramatta, at fullback. He’s got two years to go on a contract. He’s training well,” White said. “A lot has been written, but that is in the past. I haven’t spoken to the coach but Josh will get opportunities here to improve himself. What I would like to say about Hoffy is I have a lot of respect for him as a person and player and we want to see him do his best for this club. Everything I’ve seen from him is that he is committed.”

New Broncos co-captain Corey Parker is hopeful Hoffman does not end up at Belmore. “That (rumours of Hoffman leaving) grew a lot of momentum during the World Cup overseas,” he said. “But since we’ve been back training, Hoffy has been one of those guys who makes the day a lot more fun that it is. He is having the time of his life. He is good mates with Benny Barba and they are rooming together here in Auckland, I’m expecting some big things from those two over the next two days. I don’t want to get too much into the Josh leaving saga. For me, he is with us and I don’t expect to see him anywhere else.”

Knight Vision

First Grade
Nope - reason Hayne didn't "shine" all season long is because Anderson made him play several different positions that were new to him before putting him at fullback.

And it's typical to claim he does nothing without the ball - wrong, but typical.

I see it's easy to dislike Hayne, but he is a star of the code.
On his day he's one of the best I've ever seen. IMHO a walk up start in any side. Kangaroos or otherwise ….he'd be one of the first players I would choose. The great tragedy for a player such as him is that he'll play his career in a 2nd rate club side and unable to shine as he would in a top 4 team.

Sam Burgess -> Bath (English Rugby Union) in 2015

Supposed to be officially announced at some point today.

The deal stalled for a while there as the English RU went cold on the idea of stumping up the half a million quid to secure his release from Souths but it seems that Bath have decided to pay that sum themselves.

insert.pause

First Grade
Jeff Browne could be the newest ARLC commissioner, he was allegedly being sought after by both the NRL and AFL and today the afr reported that Kim Williams has been appointed by the AFL as a commissioner (surprise, surprise).

Delboy

First Grade
What is the 8th wonder of the world is the Bulldogs celery cap, got to be of interest to the authorities if they sign Hoffman, then again nothing surprises me with the Dogs and Roosters cap management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts