What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfoord

Juniors
rumours circulating ATM are that Baptise + Hoffman + cash traded to the Raiders in exchange for Milford

Paullyboy

Coach
I don't see why the Raiders would be interested in that (unless Milf has told them he is going whether we like it or not so we might as well get something from them).

bfoord

Juniors
I don't see why the Raiders would be interested in that (unless Milf has told them he is going whether we like it or not so we might as well get something from them).

It was reported in Brisbane that he told his cousin Francis Molo (Broncos u20 prop) that he will not be returning to Canberra.

I understand that the Raiders to need a hooker, and Baptise certainly has potential, and if Milf leaves they will need a fullback.

The part of the rumour that has me questioning the validity of it is that i believe Baptise was still unsigned for 2014, hence he could sign with the Raiders without them having to give up Milf.

This rumour could be the reason why both Milford's management and Raiders management have been quiet for a couple of weeks.

IMO, since is appearing more and more likely that the Raiders will lose Milford either in 2014 or 2015 then their it would be in their best interests to try to get compensation off the Broncos. but to get compo of the Broncos they would need to allow him to leave for the 2014 season

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Not really. We finished 13th in 2012 and no-one rated us to be a force heading into 2013. But it's amazing what a Premiership does to people's perception of our roster.

I think the equivalent would be us signing both Fergo and Matulino heading into 2014.

Please no one rated you.

You signed SBW, Jennings and LOD.
Everybody rated you.

Sullivan has built up the Roosters empire.
With the help of politis - is well known they strech, bend, twist and break the cap.
They are the best at it.

Manly rely on their home grown players + strong culture + astute purchases.
Roosters just buy the best most talented players they can

Raider_69

Post Whore
Baptise's manager has squashed that. Baptise apparently isn't even contracted to the Broncos for this coming season, so he's not theirs to trade.

Canberra have showed interest in signing him as a free agent.

Sounds like someone putting 1 and 1 together to get 14.

Kiwi

First Grade
Baptise's manager has squashed that. Baptise apparently isn't even contracted to the Broncos for this coming season, so he's not theirs to trade.

Canberra have showed interest in signing him as a free agent.

Sounds like someone putting 1 and 1 together to get 14.
I hope baptise goes to the raiders. He'll be your first choice hooker and will be able to show what he can do. I'm a baptise fan will he good to see him tet a chance.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im not sure if Batpise is any good. But one thing i am sure about, is that he cant possibly be worse than Glenn Butriss.

I am desperate for 80 minutes of competent (at this stage im not even looking for good or great, just NRL standard) football out of the hooker position. We've had Buttriss, Waddell and cameo's from McCrone and McIlwrick in the past 4 years. Baptise would be a god send by virtue of nothing else than he is not one of our current options, therefor is an immediate upgrade.

Please no one rated you.

You signed SBW, Jennings and LOD.
Everybody rated you.

Sullivan has built up the Roosters empire.
With the help of politis - is well known they strech, bend, twist and break the cap.
They are the best at it.

Manly rely on their home grown players + strong culture + astute purchases.
Roosters just buy the best most talented players they can

10 of the 17 on grand final night debuted for Easts you idiot lol we also had the highest amount of players debuting for that club of the final 4 teams too and 7 of them played in the wooden spoon year. Throw in Martin Kennedy, Dylan Napa and Isaac Liu that regularly played throughout the year and debuted for the club.

Don't be a jealous androtrop :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
Joe Picker would be a good pick up for a club. Great depth player who comes in, defends his position well and gets a job done, good cheapie for a club with some rep back rowers or injury prone back rower

Paullyboy

Coach
It's weird thinking of someone like Joe Picker playing for another club. I always just figured they'd retire to park footy when the Raiders released them. I'm happy for the bloke if it means he gets a contract though.

POPEYE

Coach
Why would he even give a shit?

Don't mind me, I'm only filling in time. Just got a giggle from McCrone portraying Sticky as the same saviour that Sandow did, doesn't make much difference which port of call for the good ship 'Stuart', one boat anchor is as good as another . . . just wondering how long before this chain separates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts