What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
What I'm always talking about. Don't believe the bullshit that Grevsmuhl couldn't be a one club player, where he did his apprenticeship means sfa, it's where he first made a difference in an NRL team that counts

Souths should have the right to pay him by way of concession the extra money needed to keep him a one club player. If clubs were encouraged to keep such players they in turn would encourage more bums on seats, losing them just makes the Rabbitohs playing the Roosters for instance Team A playing Team B

Ironic thing is some coaches could probably do more with Grevsmuhl than they could with Burgess

He has been contracted to 2 different clubs. He cannot be a one club player no matter what rubbish you try and spin.

RWB

Bench
What I'm always talking about. Don't believe the bullshit that Grevsmuhl couldn't be a one club player, where he did his apprenticeship means sfa, it's where he first made a difference in an NRL team that counts

Souths should have the right to pay him by way of concession the extra money needed to keep him a one club player. If clubs were encouraged to keep such players they in turn would encourage more bums on seats, losing them just makes the Rabbitohs playing the Roosters for instance Team A playing Team B

Ironic thing is some coaches could probably do more with Grevsmuhl than they could with Burgess

Players don't define a club. Fans & communities do. The game has lost track of this and it seems fans are starting to as well.

I don't disagree with loyalty dispensations although out of all the players moving clubs this year Grevsmuhl is a strange one to take a stand on. He's only been at the Rabbitohs for 2 years :crazy:

Kiwi

First Grade

This is stupid, does this mean you think the Roosters should be able to pay Jayden whatever to keep him once he makes first grade?

Mind you an open cheque book to keep Kahu, Reed, Gillett, Hunt, K Nikorima, Ofahengaue, Glenn, McCullough, Thaiday, Oates, McGuire. ..... yes please.

mxlegend99

Referee
Chris Grevsmuhl is a 22 year old player who has played one season of first grade for the Rabbitohs. He was developed by the Cowboys though. Using that standard there are dozens of one club players leaving clubs every year.

The only way I could see anyone being a one club player these days is by being absolutely shit and having no other club want them (ie. Luke Brooks), or by being pretty much the absolute best player in a team and the club having basically no choice but to do anything to keep them (ie. DCE). Even then there's every chance that once they are past their best the club will not make them an offer at all and some other club will attempt to pick them up cheap and hope for the best.

Incorrect

Coach
Chris Grevsmuhl is a 22 year old player who has played one season of first grade for the Rabbitohs. He was developed by the Cowboys though. Using that standard there are dozens of one club players leaving clubs every year.

The only way I could see anyone being a one club player these days is by being absolutely shit and having no other club want them (ie. Luke Brooks), or by being pretty much the absolute best player in a team and the club having basically no choice but to do anything to keep them (ie. DCE). Even then there's every chance that once they are past their best the club will not make them an offer at all and some other club will attempt to pick them up cheap and hope for the best.

Well not necessarily... I mean take Ryan Morgan for instance, he is already well on his way and could yet end up.....

never mind.......

POPEYE

Coach
This is stupid, does this mean you think the Roosters should be able to pay Jayden whatever to keep him once he makes first grade?

Mind you an open cheque book to keep Kahu, Reed, Gillett, Hunt, K Nikorima, Ofahengaue, Glenn, McCullough, Thaiday, Oates, McGuire. ..... yes please.

Crikey, I'm going to have to stop putting shit on Benny . . . I hate swatting f**king mosquitos

betcats

Referee
Crikey, I'm going to have to stop putting shit on Benny . . . I hate swatting f**king mosquitos

Explain what you mean then because Kiwis response was fair enough. You are saying that Souths should be given salary cap exemptions to keep Grevsmuhl who has been at the bunnies for one season, why should he be given salary cap exemptions?

Blues Riff

Bench
Yeah forget Benny. What about your Grevsmuhl comment. What the difference between him and other players who change clubs. It's a year down the track FFS. No-one's got a gun to his head.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
USwkaEIw_dEcOgpVJg-M6bRgOvLX2PZLxQJXAQpA0Uw5v1Pw9YbiMjZPHt6bhnLP6NNUqG95QF-5dEbYuvdUhM7288nPaXMc0QH0jONAGFfAczLTibkVOUXjsUoQQ_AbANhTDHdwQSbRELQzcQ=w250-h250-nc

All the article says is he isn't re-signed and other clubs are interested. No shit.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts