What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BranVan3000

Coach
It was widely reported that Twatmough was on $900k in his last year at Manly and we had to kick in $300k to pay him out.

Are you telling me Foran would have been on less than $600k per season?

The rest I have NO idea about and have not claimed to know.

I'm willing to believe there was something like that. Manly were signing absolute bottom of the rung players. Now they've freed up some cap space and can probably backload some contracts with retirement planning in mind for Lyon, Matai etc

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I'm willing to believe there was something like that. Manly were signing absolute bottom of the rung players. Now they've freed up some cap space and can probably backload some contracts with retirement planning in mind for Lyon, Matai etc

Looks like you guys will be making wholesale changes in the next few days also!

Ahh the musical chairs of the off season.

Edwahu

Bench
The other clubs should get together and pay Walker, mcQueen and Grant to stay at Souths and demand their contracts be honoured. It would be a cheap way to force Souths to break the cap.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Foran + Twatmough is $900k at least.

And yes, agreed outgoing have to be replaced, which is why I mentioned under 20's players like Knight getting promoted into the top 25. Nuffies like Moltzen and Green would be on base also so all of those low end deals help.

Anyway, better drop this as a forum nazi will be lurking and pouince at any moment!

Moltzen will be on more than minimum

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Moltzen will be on more than minimum

Really? A bloke who has played less than 10 games of first grade in 2 years and signs a one year deal.

Yep, he'd be in a position of power to up his price. :sarcasm:

Maybe not rock bottom minimum, but pretty damn close.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really? A bloke who has played less than 10 games of first grade in 2 years and signs a one year deal.

Yep, he'd be in a position of power to up his price. :sarcasm:

Maybe not rock bottom minimum, but pretty damn close.

I reckon he'll be on at least 100k

Vic Mackey

Referee
Isn't $85k the lowest possible top 25 contract? Halves are generally the highest paid players in the team, even back up halves are on better money than a lot of fringe forwards. Id be surprised if any back up halves were on less than $120kpa

POPEYE

Coach
What are you talking about???

What I'm always talking about. Don't believe the bullshit that Grevsmuhl couldn't be a one club player, where he did his apprenticeship means sfa, it's where he first made a difference in an NRL team that counts

Souths should have the right to pay him by way of concession the extra money needed to keep him a one club player. If clubs were encouraged to keep such players they in turn would encourage more bums on seats, losing them just makes the Rabbitohs playing the Roosters for instance Team A playing Team B

Ironic thing is some coaches could probably do more with Grevsmuhl than they could with Burgess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts