What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Mackey

Referee
AJ may be on decent money but he is also a winger and salaries are all relative to the value they present to the team. Damien Cook has played a handful of games. It's the equivelant of talking about how much we saved with Daryl Millard leaving.

We signed Glenn Stewart as Sam Burgess's direct replacement. Why is it hard to assume he came over on a comparable wage?

I think Sam's value has gone up since he decided to leave, that extra amount would be the main issue.

Not saying you are wrong but I have never heard of such a thing - you sure you aren't confusing this with representative payments? Which exist outside of the cap. You're saying every player who makes a rep team also has 100k bonus added on to the cap? By that assumption Roosters would have something like 1.5 million extra in cap bonuses alone

And with the representative argument - Souths have one of the lowest counts of rep players in its ranks

Check out the back page of the DT today, it's in every players contract

t-ba

Post Whore
He's under contract so Souths are completely right to do what they want with him.

However, if they think another club should sign his full value because they decided to go overs with Sam Burgess they have much to learn about the realities of the pickle they find themselves in. Look at Watmough, bastard was being overpaid by two clubs individually last year.

I'd prefer if he came in 2017. There's no way both Matai and Lyon will suit up then, and I'd like to see Manly keep Hiku for his versatility.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Well then Roosters are over the cap.

The bonuses are for players who have never played rep footy before aren't they? It's not like they had out bonuses for already established rep players. That's why they earn more coin.

And besides, the chooks pay their players $200k under the cap so plenty of wiggle room for bonuses like this ;-)

cb4

First Grade
Each player gets bonuses, including Thurston. That's why injured players like Farah this year and Gal the year before, do their very best to get fit for it.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Each player gets bonuses, including Thurston. That's why injured players like Farah this year and Gal the year before, do their very best to get fit for it.

What, so a club pays a rep player much more than a player who has not represented based on their representative credentials and abilty; loses that player for said rep game; player gets a payment for playing the rep game (ie $25k for an Origin game paid by NRL, QRL or whoever but not the club) and then gets another bonus from the club???

I personally do not believe that to be true.

100% get that up and coming players have it in their contracts but why for established players? They are compensated already, hence $750k instead of $250k......

Vic Mackey

Referee
Basically its playing players to their skill set. If youre hired to do a job and than your company promotes you to a higher level you get a wage increase accordingly. League is no different.

If a player is signed to a minimum wage contract, has a break through season and becomes an Origin player he is no longer the $85Kpa player they signed so he should be paid accordingly.

A guy like Kieran Foran who signed with Parra wouldnt have these bonuses as he is already at the highest skillset of his profession and being paid accordingly.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
He's under contract so Souths are completely right to do what they want with him.

However, if they think another club should sign his full value because they decided to go overs with Sam Burgess they have much to learn about the realities of the pickle they find themselves in. Look at Watmough, bastard was being overpaid by two clubs individually last year.

I'd prefer if he came in 2017. There's no way both Matai and Lyon will suit up then, and I'd like to see Manly keep Hiku for his versatility.
It's been reported that Souths are paying 500k for Sam under the cap. Hardly overs. If Manly want Dylan they will need to pay his full value otherwise there will be another club who will OR Souths will keep him and find a different player to release early (Grevs is the other name)

t-ba

Post Whore
And they are entitled to do that and good luck to them.

Every club knows Souths are hamstrung on this, do you see them being charitable?

The Pip

Juniors
It's been reported that Souths are paying 500k for Sam under the cap. Hardly overs. If Manly want Dylan they will need to pay his full value otherwise there will be another club who will OR Souths will keep him and find a different player to release early (Grevs is the other name)

Sam Burgess at $500k in the cap...still makes me laugh:lol:...what a joke....:lol:

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I think your mixing it up with the rep payments they get for origin/international.

The Pip

Juniors

No sweat Manly fans - just spoke to a Manly fan from media land, and he confirmed Walker will be at the Eagles in 2016.

PS - Change the Isaac Luke jumper to a Warriors one now...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts