What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

POPEYE

Coach
There is a rumour that Wayne Bennett will only release Ash Taylor to Manly, and refuses to allow him to go to the Titans. Anyone know anything more on that? Bit of a dick move by Bennett if true.

Even Benny wouldn't pull an arsehole out of a hat like that

lockyno1

Post Whore
There is a rumour that Wayne Bennett will only release Ash Taylor to Manly, and refuses to allow him to go to the Titans. Anyone know anything more on that? Bit of a dick move by Bennett if true.

Probably because he wants to do what is best for Ash Taylor's career. He can learn from DCE and from Toovey for that matter. Who is he learning from at the Titans? It is a tough gig as a NRL half let alone one in a side devoid of experience in the halves.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Probably because he wants to do what is best for Ash Taylor's career. He can learn from DCE and from Toovey for that matter. Who is he learning from at the Titans? It is a tough gig as a NRL half let alone one in a side devoid of experience in the halves.

Well Tooves may not be a factor, but Joey Johns would be able to impart a bit of wisdom on the kid. Johns has a massive wrap on him too.

Whether or not there is any substance to the rumour I don't know, but it makes some sense to me. And Bennett has always been seen as a father figure and mentor to his players so giving the kid guidance is not surprising.

Also makes it easier for the Bronco's to get him back using the "homesickness" card when they want him back. Or am I just being cynical :sarcasm:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well Tooves may not be a factor, but Joey Johns would be able to impart a bit of wisdom on the kid. Johns has a massive wrap on him too.

Whether or not there is any substance to the rumour I don't know, but it makes some sense to me. And Bennett has always been seen as a father figure and mentor to his players so giving the kid guidance is not surprising.

Also makes it easier for the Bronco's to get him back using the "homesickness" card when they want him back. Or am I just being cynical :sarcasm:

Yep and you can add Trent Barrett in too. All these blokes are halves or ex halves. Bennett would want to do what is best for Ash Taylor's career and going to the Titans would be dumb to say the least.

I expected him to go to Manly anyway and could work at 5/8 too, and he would compliment DCE well.

some11

Referee
It'd be better for his career playing with Cherry Evans, put it that way.

In fact its amazing Sezer did as well as he did at the Titans, and duly leaving for greener pastures (pardon the pun).

Sezer had to endure 3 long years under a rubbish, poorly structured Cartwright coached team, it's only really this year before our injury toll that he's been able to showcase what he's really capable of.

As for the rumour above, I still think it's kind of wrong to simply 'refuse' one of your players to go to a certain club just because they don't have the luxury of having good halves or a good halves coach.

Is he a real superstar of the future just like every other player who makes a linebreak or does something good? I think Johns has named about 30 superstars of the future in the last season. Superstar of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts