What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

First Grade
The tears of 2011 still flowing Kiwi? :roll:

Nope not all, I am very happy with where my club is at. Inglis broke no rules and I certainly can't blame him for going to the Rabbits over us, Souths back then had a better direction and coach, that has since changed. Players have a short shelf life in this game, and not every player is going to be that superstar that will get lifetime club jobs or tv/radio gigs afterwards. They have to take the best opportunities to make the most of short careers, I'll never be angry at a player for changing clubs, even if it's from my team to a club I hate. For example would much rather we kept Ashley Taylor, but the reality is he will get a better chance at another club where he is not behind the likes of Hunt, Milford, Nikorima, Parcell etc. Good luck to him and I really hope he lives up to his potential even if that is for a club like Manly which I don't like.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Which of course is nowhere near as bad as systematically poaching . . . which clubs do you think the best Storm players should have been poached by

Hmmm, systematically cheating the cap or buying players to fit under your cap (or poaching as you call it).

Which is worse? :roll:

POPEYE

Coach
Can you define the term 'poached'? Is it similar or opposed to 'signed'?

If you don't know the difference your question suits you

Let's say the Warriors only needed Maloney to go that final step but the Roosters 'poached' him so they could win a gf instead

Then we can say the Warriors 'signed' Neilsen to fill a hole . . . ask your wife if you don't know the difference

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If you don't know the difference your question suits you

Let's say the Warriors only needed Maloney to go that final step but the Roosters 'poached' him so they could win a gf instead

Then we can say the Warriors 'signed' Neilsen to fill a hole . . . ask your wife if you don't know the difference

Haha - newsflash, every single team buys every single player to attempt to win a GF. Some teams cheat, but most of them just sign players.

The Roosters signed Maloney off us, just as the Sharks have signed him off the Roosters.

The only time I'd be willing to use the word 'poach' is someone under contract, like Wigan have poached Tomkins back.

johnny plath

Juniors
why do bronco supporters also support the melbourne storm? doesn't make any sense.

Not all. Can't stand them don't really buy into the qld v nsw nrl teams. Whole lot of other teams I'll barrack for ahead of storm or cowboys for that matter. I think it goes back to early 2000s when there was a fair bit of ill feeling between teams after some fiery niggly matches. Not fussed on their origin players either outside 3 games a year.

Reports on the news that Manly have told 14 current players that they are free to look elsewhere. Biggest names amongst them were Matt Ballin, Luke Burgess, Feleti Mateo, Willie Mason, David Williams. I'm sure the rest of the names will be reported soon.

Biggest cull ever.

ek999

First Grade
Reports on the news that Manly have told 14 current players that they are free to look elsewhere. Biggest names amongst them were Matt Ballin, Luke Burgess, Feleti Mateo, Willie Mason, David Williams. I'm sure the rest of the names will be reported soon.

Biggest cull ever.

Trying the old Ricky and the projector trick?

Eelementary

Post Whore

Biggest cull ever.

Didn't they just sign Burgess?

whall15

Coach
Apparently the list is as follows:

Burgess
Ballin
Mason
Mateo
Williams
Horo
Starling