What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Eagles have unloaded 12 players so far with first grade experience... Granted they were not on massive contracts, they do however add up.. Thankfully wolfman has left the building

You don't offload 12 players and sign 3. You have to sign other nevilles to replace those nevilles in the squad.

RWB

Bench
Yeh lets be realistic, the players Sea Eagles have lost being:

Cheyse Blair
Michael Chee Kam
Kieran Foran
James Hasson
Justin Horo
Jack Littlejohn
Dunamis Lui
Ligi Sao
Jesse Sene Lefao
Clinton Gutherson
David Williams

That's largely a bunch of fringe first graders. The money they have free in the cap has obviously come from somewhere else. Maybe they didn't spend their whole cap this season or they were still contributing towards a few contracts of ex players, who knows.

ceagle

Bench
Mateo,Myles for a start,all the backs would be on decent coin,plus Dce.Certainly dont think they would have enough spare for what Tapaus looking for.

Neither Mateo or Myles were in their primes when they were signed, not saying they would be on peanuts but they wouldn't be on marquee money. After DCE, Lyon, Stewart I doubt many other players on the squad are on a great deal of money.

Matrix

Juniors
Neither Mateo or Myles were in their primes when they were signed, not saying they would be on peanuts but they wouldn't be on marquee money. After DCE, Lyon, Stewart I doubt many other players on the squad are on a great deal of money.

I heard Mateos on around $500k.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Can we please take the Sea Eagles salary cap discussion somewhere else ? - this thread is for rumoured signings.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Taupau looking more and more likely to sign with Manly from 2016 onwards.

I can't see this not happening now.

mave

Coach
All is right with the world when Manly are the subject of internet fool's salary cap speculation.
We must be doing something right.

natheel

Coach
The Eagles have unloaded 12 players so far with first grade experience... Granted they were not on massive contracts, they do however add up.. Thankfully wolfman has left the building

And have signed

Moltzen
Myles
John
Lussick
Brown
Green
Koroisau
Parcell

Nice Beaver

First Grade
And have signed

Moltzen
Myles
John
Lussick
Brown
Green
Koroisau
Parcell

Isaac John has not signed as yet. Was rumoured but nothing more (unless an announcement was made I did not hear?)

Moltzen and Green would be on minimum wage and Parcell not a large amount either.

I'd be confident Lewis Brown is not on much coin either. So in that list of 8, only 3 would be on anything worth writing home about.

It's all speculation though isn't it? If we had enough to try and retain Foran a couple of months back then there has to be room to move under the cap.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lewis Brown, Api Korisau, Darcy Lussick and Nate Myles would surely be on healthy money and probably be taking up near $1.5m per season between them. Have to be over $1m with all being on 250k atleast.

The rest probably don't take a huge chunk of the cap. But neither did the players they were replacing. I don't see the players they shed having freed up big cap space between who they have signed, re-signed/upgraded and having to replace the top 25 players with other players on the same minimum wage.

I don't think they are cheating the cap though. Losing too many big names to be cheating. If these rumours are true i see some more big roster changes coming though. Cant pay overs to get players and not have to make cuts.

Edwahu

Bench
For big signings Clubs don't look at whether they have enough cap space for the entire contract. They look at how many TPAs they need to go out and get to lock them up with as little going on the cap as the NRL will allow. For all we know Manly could have 400k in TPAs sitting there ready to go for Tapau.

Bench
For big signings Clubs don't look at whether they have enough cap space for the entire contract. They look at how many TPAs they need to go out and get to lock them up with as little going on the cap as the NRL will allow. For all we know Manly could have 400k in TPAs sitting there ready to go for Tapau.

That is true, but a previous poster saying Lewis Brown would be not on much, give me a break.

Bench
If you'd pay a lot for him then perhaps you are on the Tigers board??? :D

Players of Brown's stature don't sign 3 year deals for bugger all.
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2015/06/20/lewis_brown_to_join_.html
Penrith Panthers can confirm forward Lewis Brown will depart the club at the end of the season to take up a three-year deal with the Manly Sea Eagles.

Panthers Executive General Manager rugby league Phil Gould AM made the following statement:

"Media reports regarding Panther player Lewis Brown's new deal with the Manly club are disappointing and misleading.

Panthers advised Lewis Brown some time ago that salary cap pressure meant he should seek other opportunities.

Lewis had received interest from several clubs. I personally recommended Lewis to Bob Fulton as a player who'd given us great service.

I am extremely happy for Lewis that he has secured his future with a great new deal at a great club like Manly. He thoroughly deserves it.

He has been wonderful for the Panthers. Unfortunately salary cap rules dictate that we can't keep them all."

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Players of Brown's stature don't sign 3 year deals for bugger all.
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2015/06/20/lewis_brown_to_join_.html
Penrith Panthers can confirm forward Lewis Brown will depart the club at the end of the season to take up a three-year deal with the Manly Sea Eagles.

Panthers Executive General Manager rugby league Phil Gould AM made the following statement:

"Media reports regarding Panther player Lewis Brown's new deal with the Manly club are disappointing and misleading.

Panthers advised Lewis Brown some time ago that salary cap pressure meant he should seek other opportunities.

Lewis had received interest from several clubs. I personally recommended Lewis to Bob Fulton as a player who'd given us great service.

I am extremely happy for Lewis that he has secured his future with a great new deal at a great club like Manly. He thoroughly deserves it.

He has been wonderful for the Panthers. Unfortunately salary cap rules dictate that we can't keep them all."

Wow. Phil Gould said he got a great deal in a press release after telling him to look elsewhere. You've convinced me. :sarcasm:

POPEYE

Coach
Phil achieved everything he has on the back of his ability as a coach, nothing else he has done has established his worth as more than a pint of cold piss

ceagle

Bench
I heard Mateos on around $500k.

Well if you heard it that settles it then. Honestly we only have one SOO player (DCE) on our roster currently, we aren't loaded with top line talent anymore. People need to stop getting upset that we are a club back on the market and an attractive destination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts