What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
Well if you heard it that settles it then. Honestly we only have one SOO player (DCE) on our roster currently, we aren't loaded with top line talent anymore. People need to stop getting upset that we are a club back on the market and an attractive destination.

Well , hate to disagree - Snake, Taufua, Matai, Hiku, Lyon would not be cheap. Add in who has been signed and it's certainly not a bottom 4 roster, as much as those of us that live in the west would like 😀

ceagle

Bench
Again as I have stated they aren't cheap but they aren't the most expensive either. Snake, Matai and Lyon were re-signed all past their primes nearing the twilight of their careers and reportedly took less to stay at the club.

martielang

Bench
People seriously think Lewis Brown wouldn't be on much coin??? LOL. When he signed he was one of the form back rowers in the game and had 4 clubs after him... Penrith didn't keep him because they couldn't match or get close to other offers.

In saying that though, gains v losses and with 3rd party, I can see how Manly can afford Tapau.

MarkC

Juniors
It does seem to me that there are fewer rumors this year.
Players seem to be released by one club and immediately signed by another, often without a lot of prior speculation in the media.
It seems the NRL and the clubs are keeping a lot of the speculation out of the media, or it could just be that the big action happened earlier in the year with DCE and RTS etc.

'Not much is really happening at present, clubs seem to be working through their remaining recruitment in an orderly fashion.

jk13

First Grade
i thought matai's new deal was upgraded as he had accepted unders for many years. surely captain forehead is around the 600 mark

betcats

Referee
It does seem to me that there are fewer rumors this year.
Players seem to be released by one club and immediately signed by another, often without a lot of prior speculation in the media.
It seems the NRL and the clubs are keeping a lot of the speculation out of the media, or it could just be that the big action happened earlier in the year with DCE and RTS etc.

'Not much is really happening at present, clubs seem to be working through their remaining recruitment in an orderly fashion.

The managers probably moreso as well. DCEs manager copped it a lot from RL personalities and DCEs rep has taken a battering obviously. Lets call it the DCE effect and hope it lasts.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Wow. Phil Gould said he got a great deal in a press release after telling him to look elsewhere. You've convinced me. :sarcasm:

I was trying to find an article on that. I know I saw it or read it somewhere at the time. He wasn't required any longer. It is reasonable to assume some of those player from Penrith are coming for Barrett and probably took unders a bit.

I think Myles is probably on slight overs IMHO. He is pretty long in the tooth now. The back line wouldn't be on that much coin except DCE. Stewart and Lyon would be on ok money for their age. Probably an average amount for Matai from all reports. http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...chase-manly-hitman/1q8fndrymcvkb14yyn00vd8jq9 - Offered $1m at GC/Warriors over 3 years, which would have been a big jump on his Manly contract as reported at the time. Stayed at Manly and extended for less.

Taufua has had a few off-field issues over his time. Not sure on Hiku. Hopefully we move him on too. We have a young prop Jake and FB Tom coming through. Along with two other prop/2nd rowers (Knight, Demetriou - centre as well) Releasing 12 average players plus Foran and replacing some with rookies will save coin.

POPEYE

Coach
That column was and is still great.

He deserves a certain level of latitude for life, because of it.

:sarcasm:

Jabba was a good player between the ears who turned into a great coach, he has suffered more from delusions of grandeur because of his success in one field of Rugby League than any other participant I've seen

. . . except maybe for Benny

Last edited:

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I was trying to find an article on that. I know I saw it or read it somewhere at the time. He wasn't required any longer. It is reasonable to assume some of those player from Penrith are coming for Barrett and probably took unders a bit.

I think Myles is probably on slight overs IMHO. He is pretty long in the tooth now. The back line wouldn't be on that much coin except DCE. Stewart and Lyon would be on ok money for their age. Probably an average amount for Matai from all reports. http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...chase-manly-hitman/1q8fndrymcvkb14yyn00vd8jq9 - Offered $1m at GC/Warriors over 3 years, which would have been a big jump on his Manly contract as reported at the time. Stayed at Manly and extended for less.

Taufua has had a few off-field issues over his time. Not sure on Hiku. Hopefully we move him on too. We have a young prop Jake and FB Tom coming through. Along with two other prop/2nd rowers (Knight, Demetriou - centre as well) Releasing 12 average players plus Foran and replacing some with rookies will save coin.

Addison Demetriou will get no where near first grade.

The Pip

Juniors
Ballin & Luke Burgess to Tigers in exchange for Taupau to Manly in 2016 I'm hearing - fair swap?....:sarcasm:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Why do you say that?

He looks impressive in the NYC, but many players do.

I wonder why he left the Dogs or was let go, he was always fair highly rated.

Because he is, how would you say........vertically and horizontally challenged.

The height would not be an issue if he goes back into the forwards, but for his age he needs to lose some of the "festive girth" to have any chance.

It's one thing to knock over 18 year old kids like ten pins, a different matter altogether to match it with NRL standard packs.

I thought he was picked up from the Chooks? Regardless, I believe there was an issue with performance enhancing drugs a couple of years back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.