What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennies

Juniors
In today's paper
For Sale

1 half-back knees stuffed. Best offer
1 temperamental but talented 5/8 will
Consider player swap. ASAP
1 Goliath centre a bit of an enigma,
will pay part of contract.
If your interested is this merchandise contact
A Griffin or P.R. Gould.

MarkC

Juniors
The dogs did lose Pat O'Hanlon, that should see them sign a current Origin player.

Not sure about O'Hanlon but the Dogs have lost Pritchard and Hodkinson.

Apparently Parra are virtually forcing Hoppa out the door with a low-ball offer.

Having said that, I don't want to ruin a good conspiracy theory.

MarkC

Juniors
In fairness to the Dogs, no doubt the useless pricks that run Parra will somehow find a way to be paying more than half of Hoppa's earnings for the next few years.

According to the rumor ... Hoppa wants Parra to pay some money for 1 season.

I'm not sure anything will come of it, but you can bet Hoppa will not be at Parra in 2017/

Kiwi

First Grade
According to the rumor ... Hoppa wants Parra to pay some money for 1 season.

I'm not sure anything will come of it, but you can bet Hoppa will not be at Parra in 2017/

I await with baited breath on how Hoppa will get the Eels to pay part of his contract at another club for 2016 when his contract expired 2015. The RLPA is good, but I think even they couldn't pull that one off for him.

MarkC

Juniors
I await with baited breath on how Hoppa will get the Eels to pay part of his contract at another club for 2016 when his contract expired 2015. The RLPA is good, but I think even they couldn't pull that one off for him.

Well that probably means the rumor is crap.

But Hoppa is supposed to be twisting their arm about a contract they signed but did not lodge with the NRL.

Your guess is as good as mine on the legal status of that contract, but the best guess is the Eels will not need to pay him anything.

Rabbits20

Immortal
True Souths have more than their fair share of useless signed up for 2016.

I don't rate T. Williams at all.

Souths have some very very good players as you know. We just lack quality depth (due to the cap) but that's due to the success we've been having.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Tbf hoppa does deserve some compensation. He knocked back other offers for the eels one and then they came back and low balled him when the other clubs had pretty much spent their cap. It's not his fault the then CEO was a spastic and signed him to 600k.

Kiwi

First Grade
I don't rate T. Williams at all.

Souths have some very very good players as you know. We just lack quality depth (due to the cap) but that's due to the success we've been having.

Yes some, not a great deal, minus Teo and Sam the Rabbits have been ordinary. Their bash other teams into submission tactics didn't work this year, and with less interchange it'll work less next year. Take Inglis, Reynolds, Keary and Maybe Johnston out of the side and the rest is ordinary at best. Souths were lucky to make the 8 in 2015, without Luke they will be worse off and fall even more. Souths will be insignificant in 2016, so back to reality for them.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Yea, generally if you take the 1, 6 and 7 out of any side it looks ordinary. The donkeys don't look too flash if you take out Boyd, Milford and Hunt.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yea, generally if you take the 1, 6 and 7 out of any side it looks ordinary. The donkeys don't look too flash if you take out Boyd, Milford and Hunt.

Completely agree. You are a truth teller mate.

Going off topic for a moment Souths have pretty good outside backs in Auva'a, D. Walker, AJ and the great GI etc.....

Keary taking on the line, Adam's kicking game.

Cook is a good buy for hooker.

In the forwards the keys are the Burgess twins, Grevsmuhl and Sutton.

N. Brown is a young forward with potential too!

Kiwi Souths can still make the bottom of the 8.

lol.

The majority of a teams cap is spent on the spine. Take it out of any team and the rest is usually rubbish.

As much as everyone writes us off, fact is that we were very competitive until the last 5 or 6 weeks of the comp.

Our last win of the season was a very impressive one against the eventual premiers.

We've been weakened by the cap and our success in 2014 but we are probably only one or two players off being a major threat. If Sam Burgess suddenly signed for Souths next week, I'm sure we'd be rated as a genuine threat again.

Write us off at your peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.