What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought he had a signed contract with you which the club is trying to back out of which is why he has taken you to court
He has nothing signed, even as late as a few weeks ago he was happy to take less. We then offered him a rock bottom deal which he declined. If he was happy to change the deal he can't have been too confident with his case.

I think the club did the wrong thing and screwed him over but i am pretty confident it won't affect our cap at all. Why would we pay a bloke anything off our cap when he has nothing signed with us for next year???

Sam Burgess wants back in the NRL next season

Heard the same. Also heard Souths want NRL help to pay him and fit him under the cap. For mine if the NRL use the marque player payment they should control the club he goes to. It should not be used to help the strongest clubs in our game.

NRL should say we will pay Sam to come back but if we do he is going to the Knights that came last in the previous year.

Pretty sure the discretionary fund thing was a Dave Smith initiative. Now that he's gone, I don't think it will remain as it was far too divisive.

We've shed Isaac Luke plus Glenn Stewart and there are plenty of rumours around that we will let Tim Grant out of his contract to go to Parra as well.

Surely there is enough money there to allow us at least a start and between back ending and tpp's that his management can arrange I'm sure Sam should be able to fit back in.

bfoord

Juniors
Heard the same. Also heard Souths want NRL help to pay him and fit him under the cap. For mine if the NRL use the marque player payment they should control the club he goes to. It should not be used to help the strongest clubs in our game.

NRL should say we will pay Sam to come back but if we do he is going to the Knights that came last in the previous year.

If the NRL help Souths get Burgess back in the game ... Then they better allow the Broncos the same help for Te'o

Vic Mackey

Referee
Pretty sure the discretionary fund thing was a Dave Smith initiative. Now that he's gone, I don't think it will remain as it was far too divisive.

We've shed Isaac Luke plus Glenn Stewart and there are plenty of rumours around that we will let Tim Grant out of his contract to go to Parra as well.

Surely there is enough money there to allow us at least a start and between back ending and tpp's that his management can arrange I'm sure Sam should be able to fit back in.

Walker, Johnston, keary, Reynolds, gray, gresmvual, burgess x2 have all signed upgraded deals. A lot of those guys would be on marquee money now

laurie

Juniors
heard a strange one Jamie soward to dogs along wit hopoate this week.. not sure how long sowards contract is unless he got the cleary get out clause or panthers just don't want him.

BradMackay

Juniors
heard a strange one Jamie soward to dogs along wit hopoate this week.. not sure how long sowards contract is unless he got the cleary get out clause or panthers just don't want him.

Nah what you heard was Griffin saying Soward has gone to the dogs ie gone to shit as a player with ongoing back injury and small balls

Incorrect

Coach

Well Des might have now come to the realisation that he let the wrong half go and now needs a calm steady head (and a goalkicker to boot!) to replace Hodkinson. Soward would almost be a like for like replacement... Good partner for Mbye in the halves if it were to happen...

Kiwi

First Grade
Yea, generally if you take the 1, 6 and 7 out of any side it looks ordinary. The donkeys don't look too flash if you take out Boyd, Milford and Hunt.

I'm talking player quality, not on field performance minus the spine. 1, 6 and 7 is almost the only quality Souffs have. Broncos still have Thaiday, Parker, Nikorima, Glenn, McGuire, McCullough, Blair, Gillett.... when our front row is fully fit we have to sit a rep forward on the bench. Only McCullough is the only none rep player in our starting pack, if Nikorima gets plays against the poms we'll have two reps on the bench at full strength. That's what I am getting at, Souffs have no quality apart from 3 or 4 players. A good spine with a goodish hooker will only get you so far. Souffs will be lucky to make the 8.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I've got Souffs making the 8.....Barely. I'm sure Inglis will find some good form again at some stage then he and Luke will be the key to them at least remaining competitive. They seem to be putting a lot of faith in the shit Burgess brothers though which will make their pack weak. If Sam returns, that puts them back in the fold for the top 4.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I've got Souffs making the 8.....Barely. I'm sure Inglis will find some good form again at some stage then he and Luke will be the key to them at least remaining competitive. They seem to be putting a lot of faith in the shit Burgess brothers though which will make their pack weak. If Sam returns, that puts them back in the fold for the top 4.

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.