What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Hey! What happened to the racist keyboard warrior merkins vs the insecure PC merkins?
Was much more interesting than discussing the Keating merkin and Kingston merkin again.

We came to the conclusion that being hit in the head isn't good for your long term health regardless of race.

DeanPay98

Juniors
I reckon McGuire would've worked out if he'd played hooker the whole time instead of subbing on as a backrower.

That continued to baffle me as a 'tactic'...

Yes - McGuire's season was wrecked by getting him to play backrower and 5/8 in 2011. If he'd been a 40 minute player he would have been way more effective given his age.

Gronk

Staff member
Todd Carney has re-signed with Sharks for 5 years.

Bad luck Gus !

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penrith stuck with Soward hahaha

While I agree he's not good enough for Origin, he's obviously good enough to win a premiership.

Gus was right when he said Soward has the best kicking game in the NRL. He's pretty f**king quick too (Soward, not Gus).

If they can devise an attacking role for him that makes use of his speed but doesn't put him under too much pressure as a playmaker he can be a quality contributor.

Gasnier was perfect for him. A playmaking centre with a great offload was just the man for Soward to feed early ball. Maybe even a Mateo/SBW style ball-playing edge forward - it's been working for 'One Trick' Maloney.

Craig Johnston

First Grade

natheel

Coach

i still think he will stay. Most players who stay will be on short contracts with sticky here. Even Hayne only bagged a 2 year deal as did loko and the poms. Only one to bag an extra year was norman. if sticky keeps players from the current squad i'd say it'll be short contracts to see if they will pick up and play for their next one as he is only here a short time too. Keating is obviously in his plans somehow or else he wouldn't have ofered him an extension. Prsonally i hope he stays because the lack of 9's on the market could leave us stuffed next year if he goes and we get noone

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

natheel

Coach
Wow. Keating obviously wants a contract for longer than one year and Kingston is obviously happy with whatever he can get.

Also has some leadership ability, given Penrith has made him captain.

Sticky must be keen on Pritchard to be our number 9 in 2015. Either that or some other merkin will appear on the market then.

obviously with Keating being offered one year Ricky has something up his sleeve either an English hooker he's looking at is coming off contract, or he is counting on Pritchard to deliver or he has his eyes on an NRL hooker off contract after next year. I really hope we keep keating especially if we are working with Pritchard off the bench. Its simple to see Keats isn't an eighty minute player especially when it comes to attack but his defence at this time when we are developing young talent is invaluable and we need him especially if we have no use for Ben Smith (another good defender)

See how this pans out

yy_cheng

Coach
i still think he will stay. Most players who stay will be on short contracts with sticky here. Even Hayne only bagged a 2 year deal as did loko and the poms. Only one to bag an extra year was norman. if sticky keeps players from the current squad i'd say it'll be short contracts to see if they will pick up and play for their next one as he is only here a short time too. Keating is obviously in his plans somehow or else he wouldn't have ofered him an extension. Prsonally i hope he stays because the lack of 9's on the market could leave us stuffed next year if he goes and we get noone

Yup in his plan b

Bulk him up like utai aNd put him at lock.

I know mick crocker and last year his wife told me that souths wanted a big pack and so mick was put on a high calorie diet to bulk him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.