What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
2007 - Riddell and Marsh
2008 - Riddell and Keating
2009 - Keating and Kingston
2010 - Keating and Robson/Keating/Mitchell
2011 - Keating and McGuire/Mitchell
2012 - Keating and McGuire/Smith
2013 - Keating and Roberts/Pritchard

merkins go on about how shit Keating is but the problem seems to be more with the deadshits he has to interchange with.

Do you merkins reckon Tate would have scored that try if Keating had been on the field?

Do you really think we would of been a chance in that game had SK been our coach???

oldmancraigy

Coach
Do you merkins reckon Tate would have scored that try if Keating had been on the field?

I'll say that Tate DEFINITELY would not have scored if Keating had been on the field. However, the problem with Keating has never been the defensive side. It's what he stifles on the other end. Worth noting that our attack was struggle central the whole game with him out there....

2007 - Riddell and Marsh
2008 - Riddell and Keating
2009 - Keating and Kingston
2010 - Keating and Robson/Keating/Mitchell
2011 - Keating and McGuire/Mitchell
2012 - Keating and McGuire/Smith
2013 - Keating and Roberts/Pritchard

I think what the evidence seems to point to is that if we don't have a good attacking hooker to bring on, then MK will stifle the team.
The only year we've made the semis with him in the squad is 2009. And he still stifled our attack that season, it was compensated for by Kingston coming off the bench, a random offloading tactic, and Hayne playing the best footy ever.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It'd be a waste to sign a player who would have been great for us 3-4 years ago but who is declining now. It didn't work with Webb or McGuire (to a lesser extent). We might get a season out of him, but I can't see him joining on a 1 year deal.

I reckon McGuire would've worked out if he'd played hooker the whole time instead of subbing on as a backrower.

That continued to baffle me as a 'tactic'...

Haynzy

First Grade
Hey! What happened to the racist keyboard warrior merkins vs the insecure PC merkins?
Was much more interesting than discussing the Keating merkin and Kingston merkin again.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hey! What happened to the racist keyboard warrior merkins vs the insecure PC merkins?
Was much more interesting than discussing the Keating merkin and Kingston merkin again.

We're only discussing Keating and Kingston as options for hooker because they're both white. Pritchard isn't, and so we need a better player in the spine.

born an eel

Bench
poo poo, I know you wouldn't know as you weren't at the game but Keating was getting a lot of attention on the side lines to his right shoulder at the time the try was scored.

I don't think he was on the side lines just for a rest, he appeared to have injured his shoulder.

mickdo

Coach
Kingstons influence over our 2009 run has been discussed ad nauseum in here. We were usually ahead on the scoreboard before he came on, something that we rarely manage these days.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree Mickdo. There are some rose coloured glasses when it comes to Kingston.

Mind you, it is understandable that people would look back fairly fondly on 2009 and Kingston in particular given the rubbish that is being served up at the moment.

mickdo

Coach
Thats not to say he wasnt good for us though. Definitely gave a spark out of dummy half. Whether he could still give us that I don't know.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Assuming Pritchard develops into the player we hope he becomes, he should start providing us something in attack sooner rather than later. Being as small as he is, he must have some speed off the mark and playmaking ability.

Therefore Keating/Pritchard should offer more than Kingston/Pritchard, and I hope we re-sign MK for another year or two.

Depends how much he's asking.

Assuming Pritchard develops into the player we hope he becomes, he should start providing us something in attack sooner rather than later. Being as small as he is, he must have some speed off the mark and playmaking ability.

Therefore Keating/Pritchard should offer more than Kingston/Pritchard, and I hope we re-sign MK for another year or two.

Depends how much he's asking.

:crazy: if we sign Keating from another contract im seriously thinking of handing the season membership in and just watching them get there ass kicked on fox.

Kingston or not we need a 9 urgently.

Stagger eel

Staff member
:crazy: if we sign Keating from another contract im seriously thinking of handing the season membership in and just watching them get there ass kicked on fox.

Kingston or not we need a 9 urgently.

Plenty did the same when your grandson was offered an extension to his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts