What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joely01

Bench
I personally didn't see too much carry on to be honest. There were a few 'I hope they sign x' comments along with the usual smart arse quips but that is par for the course on here.

The main issue was the repeated delays in announcing what appears to be a straightforward update email. Once you commit to doing something publicly I am of the view that you need to follow through. If you don't then it erodes credibility, and as result people's confidence in your ability to deliver.

I am sure that when they reflect on the week over a hard earned Tooheys they will chalk it down as a 'lesson learnt' and will deliver the update better next time around.

Social media is a powerful tool but not a lot of companies have learnt to use it properly yet. Parramatta are not alone in that regard.

I don't blame the club at all for keep things close to their chest this time, especially after being so public in regards to folau and papalli and having that gone down hill.

I think our club is one of the better users of social media not only in the nrl but country wide for most sports. We continually are kept in the know Facebook and email wise and it really makes being a member worth it now i think.

People just need to be patient in regards to signings they are coming, I don't blame the club for keeping a lower profile to signings this time round.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't blame the club at all for keep things close to their chest this time, especially after being so public in regards to folau and papalli and having that gone down hill.

I think our club is one of the better users of social media not only in the nrl but country wide for most sports. We continually are kept in the know Facebook and email wise and it really makes being a member worth it now i think.

People just need to be patient in regards to signings they are coming, I don't blame the club for keeping a lower profile to signings this time round.

Had they done what you had outlined then I would agree.

Telling people that an email is coming multiple times and then not providing it when you say you will is about as far removed from 'keeping a low profile' as one could imagine.

By all means use social media to interact with fans if that's what you want to do. However, if you do so and promise things to people then it is not unreasonable for someone to suggest that those people will expect you to deliver!

Tony Bongo

Bench
No leaks, negotiations continue until a player signs of the dotted line, really that is what should be expected

At least we now know who is signed until when, happy to wait and see who we get.

I will now wait patiently for Mr Bingo to tell us all that if it wasn't for the election . we would still be in the dark "sigh"

Good point - when did the leaks stop? I wonder if it has anything to do with anonymous messages about people's posts being monitored?
I'm loving all the people calling me names since 3P lost the election - it's making me feel way more important than I really am. If you guys thought I was a nobody, you wouldn't care less what I said or thought let alone going to all the trouble of giving me a mention and coming up with special nicknames. Thanks guys and thanks Delboy for making me feel special a couple of times now. It really means a lot to me.:thumb

MetroGnome

Juniors
They have moved on 12 players...some well respected fan favourites.
They know they have to deliver some BIG news soon...I don't mean players the calibre of Mills etc.
Surely the eels must sign a big name 9 within the next few days if they haven't already? Surely...?
I will painfully keep the faith!

Tony Bongo

Bench
They have moved on 12 players...some well respected fan favourites.
They know they have to deliver some BIG news soon...I don't mean players the calibre of Mills etc.
Surely the eels must sign a big name 9 within the next few days if they haven't already? Surely...?
I will painfully keep the faith!

I think missing out on Roby would have been a bit of a blow. I don't know who else we would be after right now in terms of a 'quality' 9 who is a realistic chance of joining us.

Chipmunk

Coach
I cannot wait for the signing of Stewart Mills. He is going to make Ken Sio look like a much better player.

I think Stapleton is a better option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts