What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Dunno. You might have been one of these guys who say he's the worst halfback ever. And he's obviously not.

He's average, which means he's better than half the number 7s on NRL contracts, and worse than the other half. He's certainly the best in our club, or at least he was until Norman joined.

At the money he is on he is not in the better half of number 7's in the NRL. In fact, I would say he would be lucky to make the bottom 4 of the top 16 half backs in the NRL.

Chipmunk

Coach
Gee you're reading from a different hymn sheet. Daly M rookie of the year, emerging QLD squad, personally recommended by Wayne Bennett, endless statisics... Ringing any bells? Or are you preparing you defence for Sandows inevitable dropping from the squad again this year?

Who gives a S$%t what he has done in the past. He is the most unperforming player to actual salary earnt in the entire NRL

Chipmunk

Coach
Funny how widdop got the big contract at the dragons because of some good efforts with the storm however if it wasn't for Kelly's injuries it is unlikely he would have been the storms first choice at 5/8. Kellt would have had the opportunity to ease into the nrl in a top side yet now he is struggling to establish himself at the wooden spooners

I don't rate widdop that highly - funny how luck plays a big part in a players career. It is quite possible Kelly would now have a big contract and widdop struggling to establish himself if Lady Luck worked differently.

Widdop will be a typical ex-Storm player that will show nothing outside of the Storm system.

EelsFan05

Bench
Who gives a S$%t what he has done in the past. He is the most unperforming player to actual salary earnt in the entire NRL

You're preaching to the wrong bloke mate. I think Sandow is a waste of money and was a signing made is desperation rather then a prudent decision. He never wanted to be here and came because we made an offer that was too good to be true.

My point is that Pou has gone from praising Sandow as a great halfback, on a fair contract, playing poorly in a terrible team. To now calling him an average player which is what we have all known for eighteen months. Then he tries to twist his words to make out like her knew what everybody else knew long ago. Classic Pou.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
You're preaching to the wrong bloke mate. I think Sandow is a waste of money and was a signing made is desperation rather then a prudent decision. He never wanted to be here and came because we made an offer that was too good to be true.

My point is that Pou has gone from praising Sandow as a great halfback, on a fair contract, playing poorly in a terrible team. To now calling him an average player which is what we have all known for eighteen months. Then he tries to twist his words to make out like her knew what everybody else knew long ago. Classic Pou.

I wasnt having a go at you, I was more just making a further comment from your actual post. Dont get me started on Sandow...

Someone

Bench
Funny how widdop got the big contract at the dragons because of some good efforts with the storm however if it wasn't for Kelly's injuries it is unlikely he would have been the storms first choice at 5/8. Kellt would have had the opportunity to ease into the nrl in a top side yet now he is struggling to establish himself at the wooden spooners

I don't rate widdop that highly - funny how luck plays a big part in a players career. It is quite possible Kelly would now have a big contract and widdop struggling to establish himself if Lady Luck worked differently.

widdop and kelly are worlds apart. seriously.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Mate, I saw him play in 2011. You obviously don't remember back that far.

An average halfback is worth good money, and that is what Sandow is on. He carves up in a good team and struggles in a poor one.

Chipmunk

Coach
Mate, I saw him play in 2011. You obviously don't remember back that far.

An average halfback is worth good money, and that is what Sandow is on. He carves up in a good team and struggles in a poor one.

I watched him in 2011 and I witnessed nothing then to suggest that he will ever be considered in the same calibre of Cooper Cronk or Jonathan Thurston. Actually I saw nothing in 2011 to suggest that he would ever be considered a half back good enough to be in the top 10 of the NRL in any given season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I watched him in 2011 and I witnessed nothing then to suggest that he will ever be considered in the same calibre of Cooper Cronk or Jonathan Thurston.[/I]

Probably not, but no merkin deserves criticism for not being the best in the game.

Actually I saw nothing in 2011 to suggest that he would ever be considered a half back good enough to be in the top 10 of the NRL in any given season.

Well I did. He was outstanding in 2011. He was exactly what we needed to take pressure off Jarryd Hayne.

Unfortunately they only played 23 games together over the next two years, winning 7 of them (30%).

In the 25 games where either or both was missing, we only won 4 times (16%).

Chipmunk

Coach
Probably not, but no merkin deserves criticism for not being the best in the game.

Well I did. He was outstanding in 2011. He was exactly what we needed to take pressure off Jarryd Hayne.

Unfortunately they only played 23 games together over the next two years, winning 7 of them (30%).

In the 25 games where either or both was missing, we only won 4 times (16%).

You were obviously watching a different Souths team in 2011 than what I was. He was "good" in 2011, but never "outstanding". Similar in a way that Luke Walsh was "good" for Penrith in 2013, but he certainly wasnt "outstanding".

30% winning percentage is disgraceful by anyones means. If you're trying to use statistics as a reason why Sandow is decent then surely come up with something better than that.

I think you will continue to constantly rap Sandow because he was purchased by Kearney. He's been absolute rubbish, pure and simple.

The question with Sandow is can he actually play 200 NRL games without ever playing one finals game. Time will tell...

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You were obviously watching a different Souths team in 2011 than what I was. He was "good" in 2011, but never "outstanding". Similar in a way that Luke Walsh was "good" for Penrith in 2013, but he certainly wasnt "outstanding".

Souths were gutted when he left. They had the best attack in the comp with him there (Souths scored the most points from '09-'11), and that was before Inglis moved to fullback.

30% winning percentage is disgraceful by anyones means.

And 16% is even worse. As a club we are atrocious.

If you're trying to use statistics as a reason why Sandow is decent then surely come up with something better than that.

Sandow won 48% of his games at Souths. That's just under half. With a better team around him we win over half and make the finals.

I think you will continue to constantly rap Sandow because he was purchased by Kearney.

No, that sounds like projection mate, and now I think I know why you hate him so much.

He's been absolute rubbish, pure and simple.

Mate, we have been rubbish. We've won 23% of games Sandow has played in and even less without him (20%).

The question with Sandow is can he actually play 200 NRL games without ever playing one finals game. Time will tell...

Well he won't if he keeps playing for shit teams or shit coaches. He's spent his entire career under blokes who don't have jobs any more - Taylor, Lang, Kearney.

I agree Sandow has defensive issues, and maybe those issues can't be fixed. But his first club outscored every other during Sandow's three full seasons there, and I want to follow an NRL where players like Sandow are able to shine.

Chipmunk

Coach
I dislike Sandow because he is providing no where near the value for the money that he is being paid. In my opinion in two seasons he has offered less than both Robson before him and Kelly since, yet is on at least 3 times the money of both of those guys.

He is hogging at least 10% of our salary cap, yet delivering less than 1% of value!

offside ref

Juniors
the biggest issue with sandow is how much he is on he certainly hasn't justified his price tag.
is he a bad player? no.
does he deserve the money he's on? no
is he the half we need? probably not

the fact is he is here and is to talented to sit in nsw cup, we need to find a role for him to shine in in my opinion that would be as a 14, or even as a fullback like barba,Bowen etc.

EelsFan05

Bench
the biggest issue with sandow is how much he is on he certainly hasn't justified his price tag.
is he a bad player? no.
does he deserve the money he's on? no
is he the half we need? probably not

the fact is he is here and is to talented to sit in nsw cup, we need to find a role for him to shine in in my opinion that would be as a 14, or even as a fullback like barba,Bowen etc.

You can't find a place for a player who is more interested in gambling etc then committing to the team. The shape that he turned up to preseason in is a testament to the fact that nothing had changed. He will have to spend all preseason on his conditioning. No doubt he will go on the Christmas break and come back overweight again. This is a career defining year for Sandow. I can only see it goin one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts