What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Spot On

Coach
I think some of you over rate Pearce somewhat.

The bloke is one dimensional in attack. Same thing over and over. Year after year.

He has not developed his game at all.

Consistent maybe. Same run to the line, same pass and same kick to end each set.

Cronk has now given the Roosters a huge excuse to move him on and they should jump at it.

Question is..... is there a club who really wants him and his over priced contract?

Perth Tiger

Bench

The bloke is one dimensional in attack. Same thing over and over. Year after year.

Consistent maybe. Same run to the line, same pass and same kick to end each set.

Cronk has now given the Roosters a huge excuse to move him on and they should jump at it.

Question is..... is there a club who really wants him and his over priced contract?

The thing is consistent gets you to the finals, might not win shit but many teams like my Tigers would trade consistent finals over the mess we currently have any day of the week

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
pearce is the friendzone of the nrl. Always going to be close by but never enough to get anything at the end

davi

Juniors
Paasi > Warriors

I've read Agnatius Paasi is contracted through to the Titans till the end of 2018, but is requesting a release on compassionate grounds and wants to sign with the Warriors (according to Sydney posters asking for an early release only happens to players who want to go to the Broncos).

Sam Tagataese is another option for the Warriors, but the Warriors would prefer to sign Paasi instead.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

A fairly accurate analysis. I could see the Gold Coast or Tigers (moving Reynolds to 9) or even the Bronco's for a year (extra money found under cap) whilst waiting for Ash Taylor.

Btw I expect Cronk to retire. I just think he loves the media attention this speculation is giving him.

Lambretta

First Grade
Pearce has way more talent but Wallace is smarter and got more mongrel.

Pearce wouldn't need to play hooker. Plenty of Clubs would fall over themselves to get him at halfback, I don't think the Chooks would have any problem offloading him and a significant portion of his salary.

Take Friend's work out of that side and the forwards are even less effective. They'd be cannon fodder up the guts with Mitch at #9.

Agreed re the Friend comments - but don't underestimate the Roosters blindness to the obvious when something shiny is dangled under our noses - in that respects we're more magpies than chickens

That said, I think you're underestimating Pearce's mongrel. He's tough enough to play hooker
No one thought Craig Wing would be an amazing hooker as he'd always been a half back and he was smaller than Pearce. But Craig was amazing.

Lambretta

First Grade
Would bellamy take Pearce for a straight swap

He wouldn't have to - Cooper has already left - he isn't contracted
Pearce is contracted - in that respect the Storm could take Pearce and make the Roosters pay a chunk of his salary. The Roosters wouldn't do that - they never have before

Lambretta

First Grade

There are 12 of them in England who would

Not sure about how many here would be able to take Pearce or afford enough of his salary / want to pay enough of his salary to allow the Roosters to fit Cronk

I can't see the Titans wanting him, unless the Broncos take Ash Taylor - then they would be in the market and could pay.

Newcastle might be tempted - Pearce has worked a lot with Andrew Johns and they might go for it

Bulldogs - laugh all you want but Pearce and Foran are great mates and have always wanted to play together. The Dogs don't have any cap space and would need to give a couple of players away to make room so highly unlikely

Souths - well that would be piss funny seeing how much Souths fans have slagged Mitchell over the years - but they have Reynolds - Pearce could possibly play a more run style five eighth role - he has the body and footwork to be great in this position and this would actually be a great fit. To be honest, if the Roosters jump for Cronk, this is probably their best chance of it working. But Souths being Souths, they'll never pay for someone to benefit themselves if it helps Easts. They'd rather go for Cronk themselves and ensure the Roosters are out of the running due to a lack of cap space. So the Roosters best chance is a no chance

All said, I just can't see the Roosters affording Cronk without seriously compromising themselves unless Pearce is willing to go outside of Sydney and that club is willing to pay big money.

insert.pause

First Grade
Cronk is an out-there sort of guy, but I still think had he wanted to keep playing he would have signed with someone months ago.

Latest posts