What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Spot On

Coach
Why would they need to move players on? They lost Maloney, SBW and RTS, plus Minicello retiring and so on...

Beetson and Freddy as well.

TBH I'm interested from a selfish pov. It may provide another recruit for Newy. I'm all for the Sombrero joke re the Roosters but if they fit Cronk (Tedesco) in something has to give.

Surely.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Todd Carney met with 2 Intrust Super Cup Coaches last week looking for a possible preseason with their NRL affiliate, one of which isnt based in QLD or NSW...

Lambretta

First Grade
If Souths want to f**k the Roosters all they have to do is offer to take Pearce and pay $1 of his contract freeing up no space in the Roosters cap

The Roosters have re-signed players so they need players to genuinely sign for other clubs and for those clubs to take all of their cap money

I can see Friend going to Newcastle and Pearce playing hooker for Easts
But that would need the Roosters to offload a couple of others to accomodate Cronk surely

Cronk would be a 1 or 2 year signing at best
Unless Pearce can go and all his cap taken elsewhere I don't see how Easts can afford Cronk - Sombrero or not

Spot On

Coach
If Cronk were to agree to 2 years at the Roosters then Pearce would be shown the door in a heartbeat.

Surely.

If Souths want to f**k the Roosters all they have to do is offer to take Pearce and pay $1 of his contract freeing up no space in the Roosters cap

The Roosters have re-signed players so they need players to genuinely sign for other clubs and for those clubs to take all of their cap money

I can see Friend going to Newcastle and Pearce playing hooker for Easts
But that would need the Roosters to offload a couple of others to accomodate Cronk surely

Cronk would be a 1 or 2 year signing at best
Unless Pearce can go and all his cap taken elsewhere I don't see how Easts can afford Cronk - Sombrero or not

Pearce has never played hooker in his career. I cannot see, at age 28, him starting now. He is not a hooker. He would have to put on muscle, and he would need to improve his tackling technique as well as his endurance.

POPEYE

Coach
Why would they need to move players on? They lost Maloney, SBW and RTS, plus Minicello retiring and so on...
Exactly . . . the only thing in RL a Melbourne supporter is envious of is how well the Roosters handle the salary cap

no name

Coach
Pearce has never played hooker in his career. I cannot see, at age 28, him starting now. He is not a hooker. He would have to put on muscle, and he would need to improve his tackling technique as well as his endurance.
Different players and situations, but Wallace was moved to hooker when he was 30 and he turned out better than everyone thought.
Pearce is a bigger body as well.

AJB1102

First Grade
Different players and situations, but Wallace was moved to hooker when he was 30 and he turned out better than everyone thought.
Pearce is a bigger body as well.

Pearce has way more talent but Wallace is smarter and got more mongrel.

Pearce wouldn't need to play hooker. Plenty of Clubs would fall over themselves to get him at halfback, I don't think the Chooks would have any problem offloading him and a significant portion of his salary.

Take Friend's work out of that side and the forwards are even less effective. They'd be cannon fodder up the guts with Mitch at #9.