What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

davi

Juniors
Jackson Hastings - Storm. Jackson Hastings has denied he's had a meeting with them on twitter.

Apparently at Manly his attitude has been great and he's been no problem but it's more due with salary cap pressures that he's been told by Manly he is free to look elsewhere.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
He didn't leave because he was homesick? I find it hard to believe he left $400 000 on the table for any other motivation. It certainly wasn't for playing for the money he is on in intrust super cup.

Sandow pretty much said that he didn't technically 'walk out' on Warrington. He came back home in the offseason was around family and friends and didn't want to leave and go back over. From what I recall he sent a text message to his manager telling him he wasn't going back.

But feel free to reply and let me know if there was more too it.
You mean to say he sent texers to his manager? Texers?

davi

Juniors
Broncos want Paul Green. I've read before the Grand final that Green's price range has skyrocketed out of the roof and is now considered one of the coaches that commands top dollar in Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellemy territory.

I do remember reading a month ago or so that Kevin Walters may bide his time and refuse the Titans job. The thinking from some is that if Green does not take the Broncos job Walters will be the next in line for it. If Green does take the Broncos job, Walters will be favored for the Cowboys head coaching position both options are more appealing for Walters then the Titans coaching position. So I think this article probably has some legitimacy to it.

Brisbane want Paul Green to replace Wayne Bennett as Broncos coach

THE Brisbane Broncos are showing an interest in Cowboys coach Paul Green, who comes off contract at the end of next season.

Veteran Wayne Bennett is under contract for another two seasons but Green is seen by club powerbrokers as a long-term Broncos coach.

Obviously the Cowboys will do everything possible to keep Green in Townsville.

They will need to pay up towards $1 million a season to retain him.

If Green decides to extend for only one season you can guarantee he’ll be at the Broncos from 2019.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h/news-story/224880b0b142e3ad90f5208532583ed9

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Jackson Hastings - Storm. Jackson Hastings has denied he's had a meeting with them on twitter.

Apparently at Manly his attitude has been great and he's been no problem but it's more due with salary cap pressures that he's been told by Manly he is free to look elsewhere.

Clearing up a bit of space for Joel Thompson?

King hit

Coach
Broncos want Paul Green. I've read before the Grand final that Green's price range has skyrocketed out of the roof and is now considered one of the coaches that commands top dollar in Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellemy territory.

I do remember reading a month ago or so that Kevin Walters may bide his time and refuse the Titans job. The thinking from some is that if Green does not take the Broncos job Walters will be the next in line for it. If Green does take the Broncos job, Walters will be favored for the Cowboys head coaching position both options are more appealing for Walters then the Titans coaching position. So I think this article probably has some legitimacy to it.

Brisbane want Paul Green to replace Wayne Bennett as Broncos coach

THE Brisbane Broncos are showing an interest in Cowboys coach Paul Green, who comes off contract at the end of next season.

Veteran Wayne Bennett is under contract for another two seasons but Green is seen by club powerbrokers as a long-term Broncos coach.

Obviously the Cowboys will do everything possible to keep Green in Townsville.

They will need to pay up towards $1 million a season to retain him.

If Green decides to extend for only one season you can guarantee he’ll be at the Broncos from 2019.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h/news-story/224880b0b142e3ad90f5208532583ed9

Just imagine the Broncos shafting Wayne Bennett

Rumor Craig Bellamy will be coach of the Titans of next year................. it's a rumor that's about all I'll give it. ;)

https://www.triplem.com.au/news/gold-coast/rumours-craig-bellamy-will-coach-the-titans

I heard Mal Meninga is interested in the Titans job. Can't see Bellamy quitting his beloved Storm

davi

Juniors
Just imagine the Broncos shafting Wayne Bennett

I heard Mal Meninga is interested in the Titans job. Can't see Bellamy quitting his beloved Storm

I don't think it's about shafting Wayne Bennett, more of who will takeover when he calls it a day. It might get into a tussle though if Bennett wants to stay on after his contract runs out.

Craig Bellamy would be too expensive for the Titans, I can't picture him leaving the Storm either. Mal Meninga only said he would be interested in a head of football department role at the Titans. He hasn't even been reached out by the Titans for talks either.

Interestingly Panthers assistant coach Garth Brennan has also said he has had not any contact from the Titans either. A lot of insiders have tipped him the number once choice as a future head coach, and with that Titans not able to afford the A list contenders some have wondered if Brennan an up comer would have been the best choice for the Titans.

My guess is Laurie Daley would be the favorite, but whether I agree with that choice is another story.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
lol @ Paul Green leaving a stable powerhouse at North Queensland to coach a rabble of various New South Welshman and New Zealanders at the drongos, loosely held together by internecine politics and grandstanding.

I sure he would much prefer to coach Adam Blair over Jason Taumalolo.

Last media reporting I saw regarding Meninga was he wanted a role at the Titans along similar lines to that of Phil Gould at Penrith. if he took the Titans coaching job he'd have to give up the Kangaroos job.

The other thing people have to factor in regarding coaches, is the introduction of the spending cap on football departments. Coaches salaries are counted against this cap.

lol @ Paul Green leaving a stable powerhouse at North Queensland to coach a rabble of various New South Welshman and New Zealanders at the drongos, loosely held together by internecine politics and grandstanding.

You mean Green is going to coach the Warriors? I only say that as Blair is playing for the NZ Warriors for the next 3 years starting in 2018. :confused:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I wonder how many current cowboys would suddenly become homesick and head to Brisbane if they poach greeny

Noise

Coach

Not up with current affairs mate? Blair is off to the Warriors

davi

Juniors
Reports Nathan Brown contract extended till 2020. If this is true, then I say good on Nathan Brown. Some commentators have suggested Brown has been forced to do the heavy lifting for the Knights and won't be around to see the long-term results.

POPEYE

Coach
Seems Nick is doing his best to snare Cronk, deep into planning how with the NRL

Maybe Cooper could take over from Matt King as trainer, look how well Toovey and Langer control teams. Cronk could throw on a jersey and play in the big games . . . only match payments recorded in the cap

Go Nick